Two weeks to go !

Jockser

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
This time 2 weeks I’ll be out the gap, heading direction Leenane :bounce1

We’ve a sizeable contingent attending this year, obviously everyone’s keen to get out :D
While that’s great to see it will make social distancing more difficult particularly at meal times but if we’re all sensible there shouldn’t be any problem. If you’re in any way uncomfortable with this now is probably the time to step back from this event. There’s always next year ;)

Still with me ? Great, so here’s the way it’s going to work. Sanitise the fcuk outta yourself every time you enter the hotel, and anywhere else you enter over the weekend and carry a mask (ideally one for each day) as most shops, garages, etc require you to wear one. This can also be used in the hotel if you feel the need. Even if you’re not worried about yourself, think of the others attending who might be more vulnerable or more worried.

When you check in on Friday please book your dinner slot and also your breakfast slot for Saturday morning, bearing in mind there’ll be a short briefing at 09.15 before heading out to see the glories of Connemara at 09.30. And please book Sunday breakfast some time on Saturday if you didn’t do it on Friday evening

Dinner on Saturday night will be sitting at 19.30 for 20.00. This is going to present more of a challenge as we’ll all be dining at the same time but we’ll do it the safest way we can :thumb

See youse all on the 4th :beerjug:

ill have the place all spick and span ready for when yooouse all arive :okay

Fabulous can't wait

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Really looking forward to this! Been too long since I had a daycent spin on the bike... :thumb2

So how will this work in practice? We all arrive, get a bite to eat and have a pint for 105 mins and return to our rooms? Same with Saturday I expect?

So how will this work in practice? We all arrive, get a bite to eat and have a pint for 105 mins and return to our rooms? Same with Saturday I expect?
I highly doubt that will be enforced in the Principality of Leenane

from my G8 ThinQ

40+ motorcycles will not go unnoticed. Anyway, it's no big deal, the less drink had, the sharper people are for riding the next day.

40+ motorcycles will not go unnoticed. Anyway, it's no big deal, the less drink had, the sharper people are for riding the next day.

As in less people getting lost, resulting in the rest of us parked by the side of the road for an hour in donegal. Or was that skib? Or was it both

Update / final instructions / call it what you will....

The hotel have a one-way system in operation – through the lounge & up the stairs to get to your room, back down the main stairs to get to the bar & restaurant
ThereÂ’s sanitiser at the front door & on the landings for your use / protection

The breakfast sittings on Saturday are at 08.00 & 08.30. If you’re doing the ride-out please book for the 08.00 sitting

Slight change with timing for the ride out – briefing at 09.00, away at 09.15 as we have to be at the morning tay stop at 11.00

Friday dinner can be taken at whatever time suits you
Saturday's 'group' dinner will be served at 19.30

Petrol is available in Hamilton’s in the village:
Friday til late
Sat from 09.00
Sun from midday

You'll need a full tank for the start of the Saturday spin ;)
Fuel will be available at the lunch stop

It's all working very well the only downer is the time it takes to get served at the bar :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom