New to BMW and GS

Stanford

Reaction score
Hi, I've just put a deposit down on a 1250 Exclusive which I should collect early Sept ("70" plate).
I've been procrastinating for years but have finally decided that the time is right (the time, but not the timing what with COVID, the end of the riding season approaching and my advancing years!).

Anyway, I'm looking forward to spending a bit of time here picking up tips and advice and on what 'improvements' to make, such as mudguard extenders.

Congrats on the new bike, but what is this riding season you speak of? :nenau

Welcome , are you by chance the Stanford off TZUK? If so you will fit in well here.

If not you will still fit in well here as its a great resource for all things bike and anything else really. Steer clear of the classifieds as you will think your MY70 bike is fully equipped until you see the bling that folk are selling, the madness begins.

Hi Stanford, welcome to the site!

I have recently sold my GS 1250 and have a genuine Mudsling rear and also front extender both excellent condition.

They are expensive things to purchase new so pick up a bargain ....both for £55 posted! Let me know please

Hi, I've just put a deposit down on a 1250 Exclusive which I should collect early Sept ("70" plate).
I've been procrastinating for years but have finally decided that the time is right (the time, but not the timing what with COVID, the end of the riding season approaching and my advancing years!).

Anyway, I'm looking forward to spending a bit of time here picking up tips and advice and on what 'improvements' to make, such as mudguard extenders.

Welcome in. If you want to keep your bike looking nice get some tank protection film from Nippy Norman's or get it applied professionally as the matt black panels mark very easily and can't easily be removed as polishing the marks out makes the paint more glossy.

Welcome , are you by chance the Stanford off TZUK? If so you will fit in well here.

If not you will still fit in well here as its a great resource for all things bike and anything else really. Steer clear of the classifieds as you will think your MY70 bike is fully equipped until you see the bling that folk are selling, the madness begins.

I'm afraid I am that one, and thanks :thumb2
The madness has started even before I've got the bike - already ordered a connector for my optimate 4 (it is the BMW canbus suitable one) and am looking at tank bags at the moment :)

Hi Stanford, welcome to the site!

I have recently sold my GS 1250 and have a genuine Mudsling rear and also front extender both excellent condition.

They are expensive things to purchase new so pick up a bargain ....both for £55 posted! Let me know please
Bug**r - already ordered from Nippy Normans :stupid

Welcome in. If you want to keep your bike looking nice get some tank protection film from Nippy Norman's or get it applied professionally as the matt black panels mark very easily and can't easily be removed as polishing the marks out makes the paint more glossy.

Good advice - I'll have a look, thanks.

Collected the bike, yesterday, from Park Lane, London and on the way home caught rush hour traffic, bridge closures, roads narrowed so much for cycle lanes that you can hardly get a fag paper between traffic never mind a GS and, although it took 2 hours to do 20 miles, it was the most comfortable urban ride I've had.
This morning I gave the bike a good coat of ACF50 then went out for a ride around the Kent countryside (and maybe a bit of brunch)...smashing day :thumb2
gHxXqdXh.jpg

Collected the bike, yesterday, from Park Lane, London and on the way home caught rush hour traffic, bridge closures, roads narrowed so much for cycle lanes that you can hardly get a fag paper between traffic never mind a GS and, although it took 2 hours to do 20 miles, it was the most comfortable urban ride I've had.
This morning I gave the bike a good coat of ACF50 then went out for a ride around the Kent countryside (and maybe a bit of brunch)...smashing day :thumb2
gHxXqdXh.jpg

Loving the GSA. Bought July. Trip up to Scotland from West Sussex via South Wales. Up through Snowdonia and along to Derbyshire and the Peak District. From there up through the Yorkshire Dales, Lake District, Kielder Forest and then along the A68 up to East of Edinburgh. 3 days. Just shy of 1000 miles. I love this bike.

Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom