XR TE inbound.

IainMac

Reaction score
It’s been a while since I last owned a BMW, going back to 2003 when I traded my 1150GSA for a KTM950Adv, but following a test ride on a 2020 XR I've put a deposit down on a new in build grey XR TE. I had been considering a swap to a Kwak H2 SX SE but local dealers weren’t interested and had nothing in stock or pipeline and a potential trade deal with a distant dealer went cold when they stopped returning my calls, after having agreed a price to change cost. At which point I gave up on the Kwak which happened at the same time a response to my inquiry for an XR test ride came in.
On the test ride the XR felt a lot smaller/lighter and more agile than I was expecting it to feel. It handled the very gusty conditions well, better than the ATAS did on the way there and back. No vibes noticed and standard height saddle was comfy for the 1hr or so ride. Loved the engine & suspension when in dynamic and hugely different to the laid back feel in road mode . A chat with sales got me a nice trade in offer for my Honda ATAS which sealed the deal.
Decided on grey as red looks like it needs more graphics and the M-sport option colours whilst lovely are a tad overpriced as a package (imo). Helpfully the dealer had a grey already ordered so delivery looks like it will be early /mid-September (this year). Just need to sort out accessories, probably going the full luggage kit and some protection bits.

Great choice. The grey look really good. I am resisting a test ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike has arrived at the dealers. Hope to pickup in a week :D
inbound-XR-TE.jpg

Great colour choice pal. The bike is outstanding and to use a phrase I read from some other tosser of this parish.... 'It goes like a stabbed rat'.
Enjoy.

You’ll love it

You’ll love it

Attachments

• 21B2118E-C8C5-4C75-B198-D50AF2535A6C.jpg
    21B2118E-C8C5-4C75-B198-D50AF2535A6C.jpg
    261.3 KB · Views: 453
  • D4A66871-2E9D-4341-96A1-137A7E5BD545.jpg
    D4A66871-2E9D-4341-96A1-137A7E5BD545.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 436
What seat is this on it?

Interesting that mine has arrived with a black tank cover despite only just being delivered while other greys that must have been built earlier /delivered earlier have painted covers. I wonder if the factory are getting rid off the older parts supply as a transition period. I ‘ll chat with sales to see if able to be swapped. As to colours for the XRs I do think they could have given a few more options other that the 2 basic colours , I had originally thought red but looking at it in the flesh reminded me too much of a base poverty spec hatchback paint job and the grey looked better even though it’s the no cost option. M-sport graphics are spendy if you only want the paint (and not the rather fugly Akra can/bling chain) & I think the design of the graphic on that look a little odd? So grey was more a best for me option . BMW could try harder in that space given they have some better options on GSs R9 ranges . Though the S1kRr appears to have even less choice with it being black or m-sport (better revolved on that bike?) . Ah beauty is in the eye of the beholder and you can’t see much of it when yer on it. I did notice the perky nature of the engine during my test ride :).

Maybe Andrewb2006 has had his tank cover colour matched to the bike? I notice a distinctly non standard looking seat on that bike too. A quick google image search failed to find any ice grey bikes with a non black tank cover. I do recall the bike configuration tool on the Motorrad website used to show a colour matched tank cover, but they may have revised that since I last checked. For what it’s worth, my ice grey bike has the black cover, and this bike was originally intended as one of the BMW UK exhibition bikes for shows in the UK.

I wonder if it’s only options colours that get the painted tank cover as per the red XR delivered same day as my grey? .

My red one came with the black cover

Hi
It’s the standard seat with new better foam 10 mm higher and the side plastics cut down as they used to dig in.

Did a few miles and it’s much better feels really plush

Core Motorcycle Seats in Nettleham near Lincoln did top quality job highly recommend

Many thanks for this. I will give it a try. Looks good

Picked up

And its home. All the bits ordered delivered and fitted :D . Just need to work my way through how all the farkles work.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_7642.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_7642.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 190
  • thumbnail_IMG_7651.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_7651.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_2904 (2).jpg
    IMG_2904 (2).jpg
    263.2 KB · Views: 194

Back
Top Bottom