Early red R80G/S

robmack

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ok Guys I am looking for any information regarding a very early U.K bike.
It was in fact one of the bikes that BMW could not sell and had Dream Machine paint metallic red.
I was told this by Gary at BAMW for which I am very grateful, he says that they painted around 10 bikes and fitted accessories to get rid of them.
I have pics of the bike but I have never been very successful at posting them on here. Cheers for any info.
The bike has covered less than 6000 miles.

Glynn has one of them and been around the world on his.

Fitted a PD tank but guards and panels are still red.

Are you selling it?

Attachments

• BBBBA6BD-E6D2-4233-91DD-9C0D99B82DFB.jpg
    BBBBA6BD-E6D2-4233-91DD-9C0D99B82DFB.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 550
Everything has its price but at the moment I am hanging on to it.

47d76fe197b57e7b765b0567f4e78980.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twin front disks too......
looks a great bike, so I’m not surprised you are keeping it.

Ride safe

They didn’t originally have twin discs...or a left hand pannier and rail....or hand guards ....great looking bike!

Yup, I knew Phil well...Essentially the info is correct though I know a little more these days...... I think he put a timing chain on it once.... I always invited him to talk at the Horizons meeting ..he’d chat about maintaining airheads.

That's a great looking little bike - love the colour.

One to keep I think :cool:.

How are things up there in Skye, Rob ??

(still working on that Panther, when time allows - its cost a fortune :blast).

:D

Bob.

Agreed, I think that's really interesting. At first glance it looks more ST than G/S in that colour. Thanks for sharing info on such an unusual bike.

This bike is now in the for sale section :)

Hi, having finally just sold some bikes myself, I am in the market for an early G/S (dont tell my wife). I am not a full forum member so I cannot see your advert - I also cannot message you. I have just joined the fb group, so maybe you could message me some details there ?
Phil Harris
Powys, Wales

Can’t find you
Robert McFarlane
Or

Johnny McMaster on fb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, having finally just sold some bikes myself, I am in the market for an early G/S (dont tell my wife). I am not a full forum member so I cannot see your advert - I also cannot message you. I have just joined the fb group, so maybe you could message me some details there ?
Phil Harris
Powys, Wales

the £12 membership is money well spent, especially if you're looking to own a nice rare G/S ;)

Back
Top Bottom