Dublin. Bike Mechanic ?

luke scott

Reaction score
So it looks like Mark in Platinum is getting out of servicing and concentrating on bicycle/ motorcycle sales instead. So where are Dublin owners getting their bikes Serviced. (I don’t want to use Duffy's.)

I "think" one of the lad's in Cotters is BMW trained (stewey maybe)

I also believe Gary in Mototuning.ie can be trusted.

from my G8 ThinQ

It’s a pity Mark is getting out of that end of things. Any time I dealt with him I was always impressed with his work. JJH

Stewey not in the trade anymore as far as I'm aware but could be wrong

My own experience with Duffys has been largely positive. Pity there isn’t any real competition unless you go to cork or Belfast. I’ve had an issue or two which have been resolved in my favour. Shouldn’t happen but one is excused a mistake if it gets sorted. JJH

It's only dawned on me.....

I get rid of my GS.........and within a few weeks, Platinum stops servicing bikes!!!

I didn't realise I was that good of a customer.

(sorry Mark)

from my G8 ThinQ

+1 for Gary in mototuning - very knowledgeable and a decent skin to deal with too. Gets my vote.

I "think" one of the lad's in Cotters is BMW trained (stewey maybe)

I also believe Gary in Mototuning.ie can be trusted.

from my G8 ThinQ

Stewart (Stuart?) Dickie (Dicky?).

Not with Cotter any more. Went solo mid-2018, based in Tallaght. Did a lot of work on my 1150 in prep for my Spain/Portugal/France trip October 2018, and I was very happy with him.

I've needed more work on 1150 since, but he's been impossible to contact.

I've used Kennedy's in Drogheda for work on my GS too. Not in their comfort zone with BMW IMO, but good guys and very thorough.

I've begun to come to an acceptance that Duffy's might become my BMW workshop of choice - I'd expect that they'd diagnose anything on an 1150 much quicker than another shop might.

Stewart (Stuart?) Dickie (Dicky?).

Not with Cotter any more. Went solo mid-2018, based in Tallaght. Did a lot of work on my 1150 in prep for my Spain/Portugal/France trip October 2018, and I was very happy with him.

I've needed more work on 1150 since, but he's been impossible to contact.

I've used Kennedy's in Drogheda for work on my GS too. Not in their comfort zone with BMW IMO, but good guys and very thorough.

I've begun to come to an acceptance that Duffy's might become my BMW workshop of choice - I'd expect that they'd diagnose anything on an 1150 much quicker than another shop might.

Stewie dicker,hes gone back to the building trade since early last year.better money in it

Don't know how to advise you Luke but I got the bike serviced in Duffys today and I can't fault them. I got a loan of an s1000r for the day and that was the craic. Takes off like a scalded cat! I also got a call about additional things that needed attention and they gave me the option of them fitting and fixing or leaving as is for my own attention. I suppose it comes down to how far you want to travel to get the bike serviced.

Back
Top Bottom