Bloody chain broke.

King Rat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Almost new chain, proper adjustment. One link has simply fractured across the side plates. Bike is stranded. Son came to fetch me after I got a lift to work. I shall have to go back and fetch it next week when I have finished work this week. Buggeration. I had just got this job too, after 3 years of virtually no work. How often do chain sbreak? This is only the second one I have ever heard of. DID chain it was too. At least it got spat out the back and it only broke three spokes on the way and didn't get wrapped up.

Oh dear ...

Sorry to hear this Simon. Chains don't break very often these days, albeit the original one on my 800 broke coming back from the Dragon Rally :blast

:beerjug:

Sorry to hear this Simon. Chains don't break very often these days, albeit the original one on my 800 broke coming back from the Dragon Rally :blast

:beerjug:

Love the dragen Rally
Any way , whats a chain , thought GS ,s had a shaft :bow

Almost new chain, proper adjustment. One link has simply fractured across the side plates. Bike is stranded. Son came to fetch me after I got a lift to work. I shall have to go back and fetch it next week when I have finished work this week. Buggeration. I had just got this job too, after 3 years of virtually no work. How often do chain sbreak? This is only the second one I have ever heard of. DID chain it was too. At least it got spat out the back and it only broke three spokes on the way and didn't get wrapped up.
Just from curiosity , where was the chain obtained from ?

Now that just scares the bejeeeesus out of me.

no spare link? no chain breaker/riveter? :blast

Bloody hell Simon, you are not having much luck lately, just hope you can get it fixed and get sorted soon.

There are counterfeit DID's about for sure :rob

It came from M&P, so I wonder where they got their stock from? Maybe just bad luck or a bad link. Chain was only about 1000 miles old and I have Scott Oiler, so it was well lubed and properly adjusted - running dead straight. Checked with a laser level.

Bloody hell Simon, you are not having much luck lately, just hope you can get it fixed and get sorted soon.

At least I made it home from yours! It was on the way in to work the following day, or the day after. At least I managed to get to work and was only 20 minutes late, thanks to a good samaritan, where the bike is sutting in their garden.

Back
Top Bottom