Aftermarket pegs

vaclove

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

started to do some more off-roading with my 1090R and found the standard pegs bit slippery because of the rubber insert. I was looking on some aftermarket off-road pegs such as the Pivot pegs or Touratech pegs, but then, I have realized that when I remove the rubber bit, the stock peg looks very similar to the off-road peg from Touratech, for example.
Is there something special on the aftermarket pegs or are the OEM actually meant to be used for off-road without the rubber insert?

Vaclove

Yeah, removing the rubber gives you a perfectly usable peg for off roading.

In an ideal world though you’d want them bigger to give a more comfortable & stable peg for standing on which is where aftermarket pegs come in.

I have used Pivotpegs on all my off road bikes as they have a very large footprint but the pivoting action just seems to make them nicer to stand on as well as changing gear. My 1190R has them fitted, it rarely goes off road but I also find them better on road so a win/win. :)

Andres

Thank you for your reply Andres. The Pivot Pegs seems like a good option. When I was searching for them I got bit puzzled by the different types they have. One can get them also from KTM as Powerparts, but when I do the “compatibility check” on the KTM website it tells me that none of the pegz would fit my bike. Is the type “PP-19MK2”(3 or 4) the right type to the KTM Adventure or is it more complicated than that?

I took the rubber inserts out of my 1190R pegs some years back to see how I got on, and never put them back. Much preferred them that way, and I only really ride it on the road. I occasionally had my foot slip off the rubber when wet, and it certainly fixed that. It feels slightly more roomy to me too, but it can't be by much. I'd try your OEM pegs with the rubbers out first and see how you get on. Could save a lot of money :)

I have just put PivotPegz on my Husky 701, primarily to get more room for gear shifting, especially while wearing clunky Tech7 enduro boots. I've not had the chance to try it off road yet, but have done a few miles on road and it feels like a decent improvement.

I will have to see how they feel, standing, off road. TBH the best way I could describe them now is strangely "wobbly". Apparently this is normal and goes away quite quickly with use.

I believe your part number is PP-19MK3 or 4 for the 1090R and many other KTMs and Huskies. PP-19MK2 is the old 50mm wide model, replaced by the 60mm PP-19MK3. The MK4 is 60mm wide, but longer. To confuse matters, mine at least have the part number PP-19MK2 on the mount and PP-19MK3 on the actual footrest.

I can't believe I know all that nerdy crap, but I did do a bit of research before I bought mine (s/h here).

The KTM rally pegs are pretty good for big boots
Rade garage tdo something similar

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Thank you for all the responses here. I'll try to remove the rubber. I was tempted by the Pivotpegz since riding the Transeuropean trail in Italy last year and I felt it was not so easy to lean to the front of the bike when standing and riding up hill.

Back
Top Bottom