Navigator VI won't pair with Sena scala rider Q1 comms

freddyfruitbat

Reaction score
I've just bought a Navigator VI GPS for use on my 1200RS, with my Sena scala rider Q1 comms device.

However, I'm struggling to pair the Bluetooth connections of the Nav VI and comms device. I go through the process pairing process and all seems fine, but later on I find it's dropped the connection. If I look at the Nav VI's Bluetooth submenu, I see that the status of the scala rider device is cycling continuously between "Connecting", "Connected" and "Not connected" (every couple of seconds or so). For what it's worth, here's a clip of this happening: . The comms device has always worked fine with my Nav V, and the Nav VI seems to pair with my iPhone without drama if I test it (though I only want to pair the comms device and the Nav, ie only using one Bluetooth channel on each - I use the comms exclusively to listen to instructions from the GPS unit).

I've checked that both devices have up-to-date firmware and tried the pairing immediately after a factory reset on both of them.

Anybody got a clue what's going on here? I really can't think of anything else to try, and this is a deal-breaker for me.

I have a Cardo Scala Rider QI linked to my Nav V

Due to it frequently losing connection with my QI I went onto the Cardo Community website and uploaded the latest software and removed the Q1 from both my iPhone and Nav V

Unfortunately I then had great difficulty re-connecting the Q1 to the Nav V.....the phone was not a problem

It all seems so simple in the manual!

After an eternity of trying the same procedure over and over again everything suddenly connected. Don't know why or if I did something different but it appears to be OK for the moment

I'm thinking about upgrading to a Cardo Freecom 1 or Sena 10S so might have to go through it all again soon!

Mike

Maybe similar to my Nav6 and Sena, it's very particular in the order you power on and connect. Always seems ok if you - start/power up bike, then Nav kicks in from bike power, mobile is then connected via bluetooth to the Sena unit - power Sena up last in this process (one paired it does this automatically, most of the time.....).

Works for me. Hope it helps.

Maybe similar to my Nav6 and Sena, it's very particular in the order you power on and connect. Always seems ok if you - start/power up bike, then Nav kicks in from bike power, mobile is then connected via bluetooth to the Sena unit - power Sena up last in this process (one paired it does this automatically, most of the time.....).

Works for me. Hope it helps.

I have a Scala Packtalk, and I always power up the bluetooth first, then the bike and the Nav VI. Mine always connects with no issues at all, but this seems to different to the process you are using :).

To the OP, there are two different processes with my Packtalk for connecting to a phone or a GPS, there are two channels for A2DP which is used to connect to phones and GPS, but you have to set the channel to connect to a GPS not a normal bluetooth connection. Not sure if yours is the same. So with the Packtalk, you can connect two phones to the Bluetooth device, but if you wanted one phone and one GPS, as I do, I connect the phone to the Packtalk on Channel 1 and then set Channel 2 as a GPS connection to the Nav VI. And yes I do have my phone connected to the Nav and the Packtalk, because I don't always ride bikes with my Nav on them, so this allows me to take calls whatever bike I'm on and there is no conflict :)

So, been a week since I’ve got the bike and been having great fun back and forwards to work, wish I’d done it sooner really!!
I’ve got a Sena 10s and a Nav V, I don’t think it’s possible but please feel free to correct me.
I don’t seem to be able to play my anything through my phone when it’s connected to the Nav V, but if it’s not connected I can get everything.
Is the only possibility of playing content via the SD card option.??
Again many thanks in advance 🤛🏻🤛🏻

I’ve posted a similar thread, in summary, I can connect my iphone & Sena SHM5 to the TFT and have full functionality of phone, music and google maps Nav, but if I connect my BMW Nav6, I cannot have the music from the Nav, and the phone. If I have one, the other disconnects. It is possible to have either, and the Nav turn-by-turn.

It appears that whilst the SHM5 is able to have dual connections, it only has Bluetooth 3, I can’t find any confirmation that this is the cause of the issue, like many others I’m somewhat frustrated by the failure of Sena’s app to connect and update my intercoms, but they are, apparently obsolete now anyway.

Well, that was £130 quid well spent, not.

I’ll probably buy a twin pack of Cardos, and hope they work.

Open to other suggestions
Cheers
Simon

Back
Top Bottom