Looking for advice - Gore-Tex laminated gloves

I've been using Richa Hurricane gloves for the past couple of years, with no issues.

Getting any gloves on wet hands is a struggle, stop for fuel or anything else and it’s a right bugger getting them on and off again.

A larger size can help with this but will have other issues.

Oh yes it does, unless you're adequately careful taking them off. Alternatively, maybe your gloves are just too big...

:D

Panto season....

Oh no mine don't :thumb

Maybe I am careful...or lucky but they work flawlessly

As I mentioned earlier, I could have gone up a size with these

Getting any gloves on wet hands is a struggle, stop for fuel or anything else and it’s a right bugger getting them on and off again.

A larger size can help with this but will have other issues.

Hence my plan with the thin silk inner gloves

I even once tried having a small talcum powder in my tank bag but its too much faff

Thin silk gloves are a pain too, you lose feel between the silk and the glove, and they get destroyed on Velcro... which must bike gloves have.

Maybe I've been unlucky but in 40 years of year round riding I have never found a pair of gloves that have stayed waterproof for long, and that includes Rukka. Rain Off over gloves are the solution for me.

BMW's

BMW's unlined Goretex gloves.
I've had mine about 10 years and they are still water tight.
When/if they do leak, I'll take advantage of Goretex's lifetime warranty.
They have been the best biking purchase ever.
They are about £110 now.

Been reading this with interest as I also want a pair of thin, gore Tex gloves.

But today I tried on some of the Rukka Virium gloves only to discover they're too long in the cuff for me. All bit if a pfaff re-inserting the cuff under my jacket. Fuel stops would just be a pain. I was all poised to get them. The BMW gives look good too, but unfortunately a fair copy of the Rukka give...

So still looking!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Has anyone used the Rukka Ceres 2.0 glove? Looks like a short cuff type, but with gore Tex. Interested in how 'lightweight' they are - I'm wanting a 3 season glove, so excluding winter I guess.

Is the Rukka Apollo glove a winter glove? Looks like it's also short cuff. Just don't want too much padding.

I have the majority of the Rukka Glove range including the new Ceres 2.0 glove, They are a good glove for spring/Summer but they have less armour and only half leather compared to the older model which were more substantial in the armour dept and full leather.

They are a good glove but I wouldnt pay the £220 tag price for them, I would rather seek out the older model as I like them better, they take longer to break in and slightly less feel but more armour and protection.

I’ve had the Virium as my main glove for a while now, and they are excellent. For cold weather (8deg or below) I prefer my 20 yr old Belstaff winter gloves, but the rest of the time I wear the Virium. Never tried them in really hot weather (because I’m in Scotland) but for general use they’re excellent.

I have the majority of the Rukka Glove range including the new Ceres 2.0 glove, They are a good glove for spring/Summer but they have less armour and only half leather compared to the older model which were more substantial in the armour dept and full leather.

They are a good glove but I wouldnt pay the £220 tag price for them, I would rather seek out the older model as I like them better, they take longer to break in and slightly less feel but more armour and protection.
Thanks for that. Useful

Have found them for £120... Hence me thinking about them. The web is great, but when it comes to clothing, it's not so great!!!

Thanks for that. Useful

Have found them for £120... Hence me thinking about them. The web is great, but when it comes to clothing, it's not so great!!!

£120 thats a good price.

The only major gripe I had about the older Ceres was the Scaphoid armour, it was a tad lumpy and a bit cumbersome, but having said that it was perfect for sliding down the road at 130mph so you cant have it all ways !

Back
Top Bottom