G/S front wheel in paralever forks

I don’t know for sure but you can probably change the bearings and use the paralever wheel spindle with some spacers to get it central. Aligning the disc to the caliper may be more complicated.

I don’t know for sure but you can probably change the bearings and use the paralever wheel spindle with some spacers to get it central. Aligning the disc to the caliper may be more complicated.

Thanks, it will be a winter project so I will have time to play about.

However, as the advrider option works. I am hoping to try that first.

(Edit) Anyone got a GS wheel spindle I can buy?.

When collecting the forks today I also picked up a paralever front wheel but no spindle yet.

If I fit the tubeless wheel what would be the best pairing for tyres as the profiles are different - paralever is 90.90.21 and the G/S is 3.0.21?

Thanks
Gerry

Is your g/s front wheel up for sale then?

I would be very interested at the right price....to replace my st front wheel.

Thanks

Bubb

Is your g/s front wheel up for sale then?

I would be very interested at the right price....to replace my st front wheel.

Thanks

Bubb

Hi Bubb, I honestly don't know yet.

I was planning to keep all the original parts for now and still awaiting a quotation price for the spindle to fit to the Para forks.

I will let you know directly if I decide otherwise.

Thanks
Gerry

Thanks for the update Gerry.

Please keep me in mind if you decide to sell the front wheel.

Hi

I am having one set made at the moment
It has been done as a favour
In fact I may not use the set as i am looking to sell my GS forks and go with shortened DRZ forks...still thinking about it
Will let you know the outcome this week coming

Turns out the GS wheel spindle is completely hollow so cannot be machined down, so the chap had to get some SS in

Hi

I am having one set made at the moment
It has been done as a favour
In fact I may not use the set as i am looking to sell my GS forks and go with shortened DRZ forks...still thinking about it
Will let you know the outcome this week coming

Turns out the GS wheel spindle is completely hollow so cannot be machined down, so the chap had to get some SS in

Thanks Michael

I have now learned the following:

As the wheel spindle is only 17mm diameter it will need to be machined from EN16T or EN21T.

Sent you a pm with the information.

Gerry

Back
Top Bottom