KTM Dealers in Scotland

GlynnJ

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying a new 390 Duke. At £4299 they seem to be a bargain.

Can anyone recommend the best KTM dealer in Scotland? I've heard that Drysdales aren't very good and they certainly are hard to get hold of. Are Saltire any better? Any other options?

Dealer in Glasgow. Portman motors
Glasgow . They do ktm bikes upto 790 only.
Never dealt with them .
Drysdale Perth as you said customer service not very good .

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Dealer in Glasgow. Portman motors
Glasgow . They do ktm bikes upto 790 only.
Never dealt with them .
Drysdale Perth as you said customer service not very good .

Thanks for that. My lad lives quite close to there so I’ll give they a try.

Constant voicemail from Drysdale - says it all...

Yip . I bought a bike from them they did the job . But totally pissed me off . Waiting on return calls ,call you back etc.
Needs a really good customer service. Only 2 ktm Dealers in Scotland.

Turns out that Portman’s aren’t opening at weekends for another month. They are an hour away from me so I’ll not get there before they close on a weekday.

There are 3 dealers, Saltire in Embra is the third.

Turns out that Portman’s aren’t opening at weekends for another month. They are an hour away from me so I’ll not get there before they close on a weekday.

There are 3 dealers, Saltire in Embra is the third.

Personally, I'd go to Saltire but I'm probably biased having known Calum Murray, the owner, for about 20 years since the days of Moto-Cal on Ferry Road and then Alvin's Moto Cal and then Saltire Suzuki....

I’ve been using Saltire of late. Bought a 1290 SAS from them a few months back and they’ve been great to deal with - both for purchase and service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought my KTM from Drysdales and have known of their reputation for decades, they have actually put me off buying a KTM for decades also and they're just up the road from me.

Saltire seem very friendly though where their showroom is seem very dodgy, when I test rode a bike I asked is my bike ok sitting there, meaning was it in the way, the response was you'd best move it in and put the steering lock on, concerned me a bit.

I think Drysales can't be arsed with road bikes as they make most of their money in the off road market and road bikes just seems a PITA for them.

Have you test rode a 390 ? crazy frog type bike, incredibly light but very buzzy around the footpegs, I'm kinda glad I didn't end up buying one as I think it's novelty would wear off pretty quickly.

Saltire seem very friendly though where their showroom is seem very dodgy, when I test rode a bike I asked is my bike ok sitting there, meaning was it in the way, the response was you'd best move it in and put the steering lock on, concerned me a bit.

I think it's a case of them being very careful. Calum always used to keep a baseball bat behind the counter when he ran Moto-Cal in Ferry Road.

He's also the only dealer I know of who has offered secure overnight storage for touring motorcyclists in response to the raft of motorcycle thefts in Edinburgh.

No experience with KTM but would definitely recommend Saltire, good customer service.

Thanks for all the comments. My only dealings with Saltire were for Suzuki spares (good) and helmet (bad). That was a while ago so I shall try their bike sales team next.

Bringing this to the top as saltires all the time.

Calum the owner is a good guy, known him and late dad for 40 years and a genuinely good guy.

Jim

Probably worth a run up to see Shirlaws in Aberdeen who have recently taken the KTM agency up here

Good to hear. Spreads things about - not impressed by drysdsles or ownership in the slightest.

Jim

Are drysdales still the biggest in Scotland or are they more focused on off road machines??

Jim

My son put his 990 adventure into them for full service work and they failed to reseat the fuel lines under the tank.

He got as far as the service station at Perth prison to put Petrol in and the fuel was pouring out onto hot engine as fast as it was going in.

Tommy D and staff weren’t even troubled by it or the potential for fire and injury or worse.

KTM were disinterested too.

Jim

My son put his 990 adventure into them for full service work and they failed to reseat the fuel lines under the tank.

He got as far as the service station at Perth prison to put Petrol in and the fuel was pouring out onto hot engine as fast as it was going in.

Tommy D and staff weren’t even troubled by it or the potential for fire and injury or worse.

KTM were disinterested too.

Jim

What can KTM do, nothing to do with them really, I suspect there may have been words between KTM and the dealer, but a one of mistake by a mechanic is hardly take away dealership time - unless they get regular reports.

I also suspect the dealer had some serious words with the mechanic, I used to know a bloke at a local car garage, a lad he worked with did not bolt up brake caliper properly and it came loose - customer just had banging noise and I doubt they said exactly what had happened to punter - but they fired the mechanic on the spot....

....But these days you would probably get sued out of business for fring someone who is only a danger to your business and the public, especially if he fits into one of the 975,000 minority groups we now have in the UK.

Back
Top Bottom