Shoei J cruise 2

parkys100

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello Men
Thinking of the open face J cruise any good ,wind noise etc
Some go deals around at the moment.any feedback most welcome.

Love mine.

It replaced original J Cruise.

I’ve got the SRL comms kit and for some reason I can hear music at a higher speed than using Neotec 2 so it must have more insulation ?

Used mine on 2000 mile trip to Vercors last week and it was great.
Very comfy and pretty quiet.
Vents work every well in hot weather.

5dddb957b07a7eef2fbf720366431e71.jpg

67578219a9019ecbf49ca979ffd214f9.jpg

16f04de7cd22d0d6668c6533070eef9a.jpg

That looks like a nice bit of kit, I’ve never been tempted by anything other than a flip-front lately but that appears worth considering.

:thumb2

I love mine. I normally use a flip up and tend to ride around with it flipped up for most of the time which slightly defeats the point of having the facial protection!

I moved the SRL from my neotech with no reduction in sound quality. It's a bit noisier than the neotech but there's not much in it TBH. I'd prefer the sun visor to come down a bit further but that's my only gripe. With the face shield lowered there is excellent wind protection for your face, you can really feel the lip at the bottom pushing the air away.

I reckon that with the exception of a direct blow to the face (which would probably break your neck anyway) it would provide ample protection to your face in a slide. For me the the massive field of view offered by this helmet is worth the trade off in protection.

Arsey’s pic appears to show a Pinlock insert, does the helmet offer reasonable comfort/ protection at higher speeds in wet conditions?

Arsey’s pic appears to show a Pinlock insert, does the helmet offer reasonable comfort/ protection at higher speeds in wet conditions?

Yes it’s got pinlock, though not supplied with the insert !
I’ve only ridden in a bit of rain but it was bloody heavy and the helmet was just fine.
I bought it primarily to use with my Harley when away,as I have a J-O that I’ll use to potter locally in warm weather.
But the J -Cruise 2 is that good that I might well use it more often with other bikes ,especially in summer.
It gives most the weather protection of a full face yet is less claustrophobic and far more comfortable when its hot.And as said above, the field of vision is bloody amazing.

Yes it’s got pinlock, though not supplied with the insert !
I’ve only ridden in a bit of rain but it was bloody heavy and the helmet was just fine.
I bought it primarily to use with my Harley when away,as I have a J-O that I’ll use to potter locally in warm weather.
But the J -Cruise 2 is that good that I might well use it more often with other bikes ,especially in summer.
It gives most the weather protection of a full face yet is less claustrophobic and far more comfortable when its hot.And as said above, the field of vision is bloody amazing.

Sounds ideal for what I’d like then, great field of vision, excellent ventilation for summer riding and good rain protection for.... summer riding!

Thanks for the info, I’ll be trying one for size and fit :beerjug:

Sounds ideal for what I’d like then, great field of vision, excellent ventilation for summer riding and good rain protection for.... summer riding!

Thanks for the info, I’ll be trying one for size and fit :beerjug:

Forgot to add that its got 3 vents that open and really work well in hot weather.I was riding in 35degs c last week on one day and it was fine.

Is there anything that you don’t like about it, or consider as an issue?

Not that I can think of, and I gave mine a thorough test on a 2000 mile trip in the last 2 weeks.

I got mine through Motolegends.

Go on Motocentral website and choose the helmet you want,apply UKGSERS discount code to get 10% off.Then take a screen shot and send to Motolegends at their Price Beat email address.They’ll give you an additional 10% off so will bring the price of a plain helmet down from £429 to £348 and a helmet with graphics down from £520 to £421.
Also if you want the SRL comms kit then do the same thing.You also down pay VAT if you order the comms kit at the same time as helmet,so can infact save 40% doing the price match as well.

J cruise

Hello
I have had look around and with Moto legends price match I can source one a few pence over £300.Bargain;)

Not that I can think of, and I gave mine a thorough test on a 2000 mile trip in the last 2 weeks.

Go on Motocentral website and choose the helmet you want,apply UKGSERS discount code to get 10% off.Then take a screen shot and send to Motolegends at their Price Beat email address.They’ll give you an additional 10% off so will bring the price of a plain helmet down from £429 to £348 and a helmet with graphics down from £520 to £421.
Also if you want the SRL comms kit then do the same thing.You also down pay VAT if you order the comms kit at the same time as helmet,so can infact save 40% doing the price match as well.

Do you know if this method of purchase will work for a Neotec 2 in the sale - Helmet city have the yellow/black for £450 from £600 and a deal on the comms. Would Motolegends then add another 10% off?

I'd quite like a white one but they're more than the black n yellow. Go figure!

Starting to worry about my helmet fetish Though I suspect there are a few of us with this illness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd quite like a white one but they're more than the black n yellow. Go figure!

Starting to worry about my helmet fetish Though I suspect there are a few of us with this illness.

Not me . I’ve only got 9 Shoeis

So this could be interesting. Do we have any raise on 9? A helmet 'room' maybe?

I've 2 X old Neotec. 2 X new Neotec. An Arai X4 (let me know if you're interested in that Black/red/white). An old Arai open Face. Arsey's old J-Cruise. An Airoh dirt bike helmet. That's 8 so I need to buy another to keep up with the Jones'

Think I’ve got

J Cruise 2
3 x Neotec 2
Gt Air 2
J-O
Glamster
Ex-Zero
Hornet

Plus

Momo
Nishua Enduro Carbon
Bell MX 9

So 12, I think.....

An old pic but shows most of them

2c3e734c3c21d4a042c81fbc3ce4eaee.jpg

Recently found this great tip saved £94 on arai quantic from motolegends.
👍 thanks george r

Think I’ve got

J Cruise 2
3 x Neotec 2
Gt Air 2
J-O
Glamster
Ex-Zero
Hornet

Plus

Momo
Nishua Enduro Carbon
Bell MX 9

So 12, I think.....

An old pic but shows most of them

2c3e734c3c21d4a042c81fbc3ce4eaee.jpg
Bloody hell!!! I thought I had too many at 5.........

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom