Self steering and self parking

King Rat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have a very special X Country. The steering is self parking and self steering at certain positions. There are various detents that the steering drops into and holds position, either straight ahead or when turning. How clever is that! :thumby:

I have a very special X Country. The steering is self parking and self steering at certain positions. There are various detents that the steering drops into and holds position, either straight ahead or when turning. How clever is that! :thumby:

I think its time you fitted those steering head bearings I sent you the link to Simon !

I think its time you fitted those steering head bearings I sent you the link to Simon !

I think you are right. I couldn't feel it while riding. I even had hold of the wheel with the front jacked up and I have never felt it before, on any bike I have had, so I didn't really know what I was feeling for! When the handlebars fall to one side, instead of falling all the way over, they will hit a detente and stop with a bit of a shake!

I can't do them for a month or so because I have a got a solid month of work, then back to nothing again.

Back
Top Bottom