ABS failure (again...) quick question.

Fluffy Bridges

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all,

2007 GSA Non servo.

Does any one have at hand the Ford Fiesta ABS motor replacement part number off hand, please?

Despite 3 previous attempts to work with what I have got - all temporarily effective - the motor has to go.

Symptoms:

Brake Failure constantly illuminated

GS911 shows fault codes 24048 Pump Motor Defective and 24049 Power Supply to Pump Motor Faulty. Not surprised by that. I know what the problem is. I've had the bike 13 yrs since new....

Grateful for the help.

Mart:- Date of Manuf 15/08/2007, type K25

Fluff.

Last edited:
I have it on record but might want to be checked, Mark 7 Fiesta part no. CV21-2C405-AE.
A friend fitted just the motor from one of these and it cured the sticking brush problem. He had tried freeing the brushes prior to this.
The motor is not available as a separate item and the hydraulic block has 2 extra ports which possibly could be blocked off.

Mk9 fiesta

I will have a look for the part number again

10.0212-0921.4

That's the one I did on a 12GSA

Attachments

• Mk 9 Fiesta ABS Pump.jpg
    Mk 9 Fiesta ABS Pump.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 666
Thank you all for your input. :thumb

I'll decide which way I'm going with this at the end of the season.

Fluff.

@DrFarkoff

on that fiesta bit...
did you bolt on the whole unit?

it looks second hand or did you extract the motor and fit the whole motor on the BMW ABS body. Because even then it looks strange (checking ebay now) they get another 2 pipe connectors.... and you seen to have two strange studs and some nuts and washers close to those extra pipe connectors. Is that holding on the motor or blocking off the extra pipes?

s-l1600.jpg

@DrFarkoff

on that fiesta bit...
did you bolt on the whole unit?

it looks second hand or did you extract the motor and fit the whole motor on the BMW ABS body. Because even then it looks strange (checking ebay now) they get another 2 pipe connectors.... and you seen to have two strange studs and some nuts and washers close to those extra pipe connectors. Is that holding on the motor or blocking off the extra pipes?

s-l1600.jpg

I think it's just the motor you use

@DrFarkoff on that fiesta bit... did you bolt on the whole unit?

you seem to have two strange studs and some nuts and washers close to those extra pipe connectors. ?

Motor Only the Fiesta is 4 channel with different deceleration values I suspect and not suitable (in my mind)

Yes bolted, After having that bastard in an out twice because it was absolutely fine till you hauled on the brakes to kick in the ABS

the alloy was getting rough and not liking being peened over again and I threw up the head and carefully machined off most of the raised blocks and drilled and fitted studs half washers and a normal washer with a nylock nut

I was well pleased with that Job 2 or 3 years on, NIPhil's 12GSA's ABS seems still happy

It worked really well as I gave the brakes plenty of action to provoke the system and it worked really well and more importantly did not screw up the motor power feeds whether it was brushes or contacts Which was what happened previously

ABS motor power failure is an Immediate fault on Ignition on

On the second attempt I made up two retaining collars for quick release. Drilled and tapped the lugs 6mm. Knew it would be handy. :blast This is still the original motor.

Fluff.

Attachments

• P1000441.jpg
    P1000441.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 594
Motor Only

I threw up the head and carefully machined off most of the raised blocks and drilled and fitted studs half washers and a normal washer with a nylock nut

thanks for the heads up :beerjug:

Send your unit to these guys, unlimited mileage guarantee, no more worries and no more faffing about!

https://www.ecutesting.com/product-catalogue/bmw/r1200/abs-pump-ecumodule-combined/amc108473/

After the 3rd attempt at a fix I took your advice and sent it to ECUTesting on Monday.
Talk about customer service - they are really good so far. Messaged me with updates, solution and dispatch including booking DHL pick up from home. Excellent. Will report when the unit is back on and tested.

Mainly because we are remote up here with minimal contact with mainstream services and my work routine. Excuses, I know.
Also the last time I did it I took the motor to bits, reduced the brush size by using 800 wet and dry, replaced the spindle bearing, with an SKF one, which was lumpy. This lasted a good 12 months whilst I got complacent.
This is the only job in 40 odd years of spannering that I've farmed out in exasperation so not too bad a record.
It's such a faff. Also their work is covered by a lifetime no mileage limit warranty so if it does fail I'll ship it back.

Then it's the fuel strip........

Have used ECU testing twice.
On a Sprinter & a Z4M.
The Z4M unit failed after 4 years they sorted it out for nowt, even picked it up !!
Great company !!!

Send your unit to these guys, unlimited mileage guarantee, no more worries and no more faffing about!

https://www.ecutesting.com/product-catalogue/bmw/r1200/abs-pump-ecumodule-combined/amc108473/

Hi folks, just received my ABS unit back (07 GSA) from these guys,(ECU Testing) excellent service with life time guarantee. I know we all want to do it on the cheap but for £260 all in its well worth it. One side down the tarmac it will cost more then that to replace riding kit let alone bike repair's.

Barry G

Hi folks, just received my ABS unit back (07 GSA) from these guys,(ECU Testing) excellent service with life time guarantee. I know we all want to do it on the cheap but for £260 all in its well worth it. One side down the tarmac it will cost more then that to replace riding kit let alone bike repair's.

Barry G

Glad you were pleased with their service, have you fitted the repaired unit yet?

Unit fitted, Not yet tested waiting for a new brake pipe, knackered one of the fittings on removal, 3 undone no problem last one did'nt want to come undone, rounded union nut had to use the good old mole grips to get it off.
I'll let you know when tested.

Cheers

Barry G

Barry G

they did mine.... died 18 months later.... they had it back and fixed for free, but the agro of taking the flipping thing off and posting came down to me... and the state of the face where the motor fits after the second fix is something else. Its been attacked by a right animal with a powered wire brush, so much so huge chunks of material have been taken out... I suspect so next failure they can pretend its been messed with before and we aren't fixing it....

I have pictures before and after each time they've had it. service was good but the repair was ????

Back
Top Bottom