Range

Barnoe

Moto Vlogger
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
When I got my 2017 1200GS
I was surprised I had to manually input the fuel range?
Kinda defeats the purpose tbh
Anyway I put 200 miles for a full tank.

Can the bike not do this auto like my car does?
If not, what is a good figure to put in?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Think you’d be better with this in the LC section (of bikes)

Not got that bike, but that seems a bit strange. Is there not a page dedicated to that in the owner’s manual?

You used to do it on old sat-navs but never had to do that on a BMW since 2006.

Yeah my old Garmin asked that but my 2009 GS knows it’s range and the test bikes I’ve had have all known them. Is this the bike or a Garmin that asked?

When I got my 2017 1200GS
I was surprised I had to manually input the fuel range?
Kinda defeats the purpose tbh
Anyway I put 200 miles for a full tank.

Can the bike not do this auto like my car does?
If not, what is a good figure to put in?

AFAIK the range will set itself when you fill up with fuel. It should give you an estimate of how far you can go with what you have in the tank and again AFAIK tis is calculated based on previous fuel range ride style etc.
If you cane it for a tank it will give a range based on that caning. if you do an eco run it will be a higher range

Unless you are talking about the sat nav fuel range function

Yea its in the sat nav, I thought it paired with the bike

Its the nav 6, I'm still getting used to all the gadgets, my old bike had nothing lol

I will scroll through the info on the bike dash and have that displaying range while I'm out today.

I'm riding over to Malham cove this morning

Check out the 'my bike' screen of the Nav6 - it might display the range from the bike.

Yea that seems to pair up.
33460ba9a1eb424a2327c3c19d0a0929.jpg

Yay!

You might be able to get that as one of the live readouts on your main satnav screen, but it will be at the expense of another parameter.

I suspect the range you manually input to satnav is so that if you want a warning at 250m, to start looking for fuel - then that gives you the option. It was a feature on universal satnavs like Zumo550 etc.

I'd just leave it on the bike display, and toggle to it or leave it on that permanently

Back
Top Bottom