memory full sort of

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR268

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
my nav v is full but when I look on explorer and look at the properties of each folder they dont add up to anything like the 7plus gb it claims is being used, I assume the old maps are somewhere and I cant see them

I have ticked the "show hidden files" but with no success

my current maps are on an sd card

any ideas ?

I am also doing an update at the minute, I thought there was a setting to only download uk and ireland to make the process much faster and smaller, but cant find it. Is there such a thing or am I dreaming ?

did as above and now can see the hidden files

some are the maps, can I delete any ?

below shows my internal memory and sd card memory

I would like to keep all on the internal memory if possible so I can remove card and load maps directly to it if away etc

Attachments

• system garmin.JPG
    system garmin.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 252
  • system garmin sd.JPG
    system garmin sd.JPG
    36.6 KB · Views: 228
Make life easy. Put a new fresh SD card in and put the latest maps onto it.

Take the old SD card and delete / reformat it for use again or chuck it in the bin.

Make life easy. Put a new fresh SD card in and put the latest maps onto it.

Take the old SD card and delete / reformat it for use again or chuck it in the bin.

not too sure which file is the latest maps and which the nav is reading as the date modified is the date of last update and theres always the fear of deleting a file and the nav not working.

surely the nav has enough memory to store the latest maps and not require an sd card for the system maps. My Garmin for the car was £70 and it updates and has plenty of storage with no need for an sd card at all.

Pull the SD card out and insert a new one. Update the maps. It won’t blow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom