Record Zoom

daytripper!

Reaction score
For quality and security reasons this phone call will be recorded... :blagblah Not sure peeps do minutes of mtgs anymore in this post truth era BUT DOES ANYONE KNOW IF A ZOOM MTG CAN BE RECORDED? :augie TIA

For quality and security reasons this phone call will be recorded... :blagblah Not sure peeps do minutes of mtgs anymore in this post truth era BUT DOES ANYONE KNOW IF A ZOOM MTG CAN BE RECORDED? :augie TIA

Yes, it can.

depends how the security has been setup but the answer is anything that's on the internet can be copied and made transportable...

Thanks guys, looks promising but (apart from setting up my phone in video mode) is there an easy way of recording the mtg?
I guess I should have stated 'if so how' in original post!
Audio more important than visual. Thks again...

are you using a PC or mac as there's specific software to do an ROI (region of interest) recording

download software open both windows click the POI onto the screen area you want and click record it'll drop it into a folder on the hard drive

in zoom is also a record feature near the bottom of the user interface unless they've set it up as a TXonly (transmission only) when they setup the call preferences.

or you can output your screen and audio over HDMI to a device and record that, dictaphone or small mp3 recorders will do it.

hope that helps.

The host of a Zoom meeting has a button marked "Record" so meetings can be recorded. Other attendees can use Zoom's record facility with the host's permission. I've no doubt that there's software available to run independently of Zoom (VLC might just do it) but I've never felt the need to try it.

(VLC might just do it) but I've never felt the need to try it.

Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote the code for VideoLAN Client, it's a packet based player which does not recognise (ignores codecs) it's not a recorder. just saying....

try this if it's a mac but that might not collect the audio from the inbound stream

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT208721

I have my setup so it's recorded via a ATMOS Ninja means I can capture the complete conversation and video in Pro Res...

or you can download a ROI region of interest recorder :) see the YT tutorial

https://youtu.be/XLgR3-kQyEo

Thanks for that, well handy.

I think the apple is for making short tutorials and not for recording inbound streams..? but I can't recall best to test it well in advance get someone to dial in using the planned method of meeting and test it in situ... nothing worse than getting caught spying...

It can. We use it at Uni. What the host can’t record is any break out sessions that they initiate.

It can. We use it at Uni. What the host can’t record is any break out sessions that they initiate.

if they are a participant in the session they could, we do it all the time (but just don't tell anyone)

Back
Top Bottom