Himalayan seat options?

Zorro

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The Himalayan is a great little bike. However the seat is not exactly suited to long rides...
How have you solved this problem? Anyone tried the OEM 'touring or comfort seat'? Any good? (https://accessories.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com/accessory-shop/seats-and-saddles/41130)
Or who have you sent it to for upgrading? Viking seats in Kent have done Bullet seats but not Himis so it would be guesswork.
I am trying to avoid an airhawk.
Thanks for looking

The Himalayan is a great little bike. However the seat is not exactly suited to long rides...
How have you solved this problem? Anyone tried the OEM 'touring or comfort seat'? Any good? (https://accessories.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com/accessory-shop/seats-and-saddles/41130)
Or who have you sent it to for upgrading? Viking seats in Kent have done Bullet seats but not Himis so it would be guesswork.
I am trying to avoid an airhawk.
Thanks for looking
I’ve heard mixed reports on the touring seat more saying it’s not that much better. I’m going to get mine custom made or might do it myself as being heavy doesn’t help much I think it’s lighter riders who don’t have the problems. The foam is just too soft for me.
But at least they are cheap to buy and convert compared to a £400 Sargent seat or whatever

the touring seat is no better than the oe seat had mine rebuilt by Ross Hunter.

Thanks. I spoke with Copperb today. They will have the Seat Concepts option for the Himalayan in a month or so. Expected to be £160. It’s either this option or have the OEM seat upgraded by Viking Seats. Cheers

Thanks. I spoke with Copperb today. They will have the Seat Concepts option for the Himalayan in a month or so. Expected to be £160. It’s either this option or have the OEM seat upgraded by Viking Seats. Cheers

that seat concepts one sounds interesting :beerjug: I might get one myself

Months ago as a try out and as i was sliding forward i attached some of that rubber mesh mat stuff to mine and i must admit, it made things a lot more comfortable as it holds me in place better.
The temporary job seems to have become permanent now even though it does look a bit "rough and ready" :D

this looks blooming gorgeous

very expensive though

Attachments

• 88398AFF-015A-44CB-9CBD-E94C85335181.jpeg
    88398AFF-015A-44CB-9CBD-E94C85335181.jpeg
    132.9 KB · Views: 460
Months ago as a try out and as i was sliding forward i attached some of that rubber mesh mat stuff to mine and i must admit, it made things a lot more comfortable as it holds me in place better.
The temporary job seems to have become permanent now even though it does look a bit "rough and ready" :D

Good idea, thanks. I’ll try the mesh solution until the seat concepts arrive. I now have a sheepskin which, thinking about it, quite likely exacerbates the sliding forward.

For those interested in an SC seat solution, Cooperb have just received a batch. They are not on the website yet but you can email Ian directly to reserve one before the masses.
I had not realised they are 'baseless'. So it does require fitting or 'stapling' to the OEM seat. Slightly expensive but anything to improve the existing seat.

Tony Archer will remodel your seat to your instruction for £80-100.
He’s done all mine over the years.

Back
Top Bottom