Harley curious

Utter bollocks, but the positive is the ‘lifestylers’ have one less muppet to clog up our roads whilst following the HOG ‘road captain’ at this supposed cruising pace :rolleyes:

Just back from a quick trip over to the tap at Eastham, cruise at 80 and the pigs trotter was more than happy. Highway pegs meant I was ‘laid back armchair‘ comfy.

Oh, and not once did I feel the need for chaps or to speak in a faux American accent y’all.

Used it for shopping whilst in lockdown, pop in to town on it, ride 350 miles in a day for fun and throw it through the twisties at a reasonable enough pace to embarrass more than a few numpties on ‘regular’ bikes.

Have a word with yourself, it’s only a motorcycle, it’s not a mythical beast that requires a grand wizard and a spell book to enjoy it.

We all have a view, but I've also done about 5k miles on Harleys, and two years ago rode one coast to coast across the US covering over 3,000 miles in two weeks, so I'm not exactly speaking as a keyboard warrior :

2018-11-02-10-41-39.jpg

There is space on the roads for all who love bikes of all types, and my view on Harley is exactly that - my view, so don't get ruffled if you disagree with me, you can have your very own view also ;)

We all have a view, but I've also done about 5k miles on Harleys, and two years ago rode one coast to coast across the US covering over 3,000 miles in two weeks, so I'm not exactly speaking as a keyboard warrior :

2018-11-02-10-41-39.jpg

There is space on the roads for all who love bikes of all types, and my view on Harley is exactly that - my view, so don't get ruffled if you disagree with me, you can have your very own view also ;)

Hold the front page......We have a real Warrior here.
I am not even going to bother, he would merely be crying into his readybrek.....Is this really where we are at? The human race is truly pitiful if this space cadet turfs up owning the Harley experience.
Many of us would rahter not speak of it, as we know fuck all and remain in ignorance to such.....By fucking Jesus we all need to get out more, but I suspect this space cadet thinks he has done just that....Bless.

According to Harley, the SG and the RKS weight is the same! So that batwing, stereo, speakers etc must be made of air :D

The SG weight is high up, on the move it’s ok, but when moving it around it feels mahoosive.

Compared to your softail it’s a lump.

So, I went out on it today for a 3-4 hours while they fiddled with the clutch switch under warranty on my bike. (apparently it's the first time ever that they have had to do one:nenau)
It is a used 2018 Street Glide Special 114, with HD Screamin' Eagle black satin pipes in industrial grey denim, only about 2500 miles on it.

https://www.bladegroupharleydavidso...EET GLIDE SPECIAL-1868cc/5bb720178e0b6f58.htm

It had the latest Boombox infotainment system on it (didn't use it so can't comment) and the linked brakes (which were great and very unobtrusive). Having come straight off mine it took a little getting used to as you are more sitting on these rather than 'in' it like the Heritage. Also the hydraulic clutch was stiffer than my cable operated one but had plenty of feel.
It is definitely smoother than the Heritage, probably due to the rubber mounted engine, and the throttle response is smoother (something I can adjust on mine with the FP3). It pulled like a train once out of the Cheltenham traffic, and felt and is probably slightly higher geared than mine.
The seating position is obviously different, lower bars, slightly higher footboards, but felt natural and very comfortable.
My only criticism (other than not being able to afford it as an additional bike :blast:D) is the wind buffeting. Feck me it was bad and really loud! (Bell SRT flip up helmet). This year model has the lever on the screen to open the splitter/deflector and this helped a little but I notice that HD has done away with them on the newer SG's. You would hope that they do a variety of screen sizes for these batwing fairings as over 70-80 mph it really put me off.
So, other than the wind noise and buffeting I really liked it, I could have done with adjusting the suspension a little to compensate for the lockdown weight(!) but couldn't be arsed. It's like on rails round bends which impressed me although it doesn't like mid bend adjustments much, (Muntjac deer near Winchcombe!!:eek:)
In conclusion.....recommended!:thumb

So, I went out on it today for a 3-4 hours while they fiddled with the clutch switch under warranty on my bike. (apparently it's the first time ever that they have had to do one:nenau)
It is a used 2018 Street Glide Special 114, with HD Screamin' Eagle black satin pipes in industrial grey denim, only about 2500 miles on it.

https://www.bladegroupharleydavidso...EET GLIDE SPECIAL-1868cc/5bb720178e0b6f58.htm

It had the latest Boombox infotainment system on it (didn't use it so can't comment) and the linked brakes (which were great and very unobtrusive). Having come straight off mine it took a little getting used to as you are more sitting on these rather than 'in' it like the Heritage. Also the hydraulic clutch was stiffer than my cable operated one but had plenty of feel.
It is definitely smoother than the Heritage, probably due to the rubber mounted engine, and the throttle response is smoother (something I can adjust on mine with the FP3). It pulled like a train once out of the Cheltenham traffic, and felt and is probably slightly higher geared than mine.
The seating position is obviously different, lower bars, slightly higher footboards, but felt natural and very comfortable.
My only criticism (other than not being able to afford it as an additional bike :blast:D) is the wind buffeting. Feck me it was bad and really loud! (Bell SRT flip up helmet). This year model has the lever on the screen to open the splitter/deflector and this helped a little but I notice that HD has done away with them on the newer SG's. You would hope that they do a variety of screen sizes for these batwing fairings as over 70-80 mph it really put me off.
So, other than the wind noise and buffeting I really liked it, I could have done with adjusting the suspension a little to compensate for the lockdown weight(!) but couldn't be arsed. It's like on rails round bends which impressed me although it doesn't like mid bend adjustments much, (Muntjac deer near Winchcombe!!:eek:)
In conclusion.....recommended!:thumb

Harley once again failed to deliver on the stock bike, but will remove several of your hard earned sterling pounds money to let you sample more of their accessory shit that might or might not work :D

The RKS screens are the same, best ride is slower and without the screen, or a monster 21 inch barn door for me, but they look shit, so I suffer the windsplitter which is at best average, but I like the look of it.

The RKS changes direction effortlessly, from on line to heading to the hedge (doesn’t seem to want to go the other way though :D) all you need is a decent bump mid corner......so much fun :thumb2

Hold the front page......We have a real Warrior here.
I am not even going to bother, he would merely be crying into his readybrek.....Is this really where we are at? The human race is truly pitiful if this space cadet turfs up owning the Harley experience.
Many of us would rahter not speak of it, as we know fuck all and remain in ignorance to such.....By fucking Jesus we all need to get out more, but I suspect this space cadet thinks he has done just that....Bless.

Thanks, your obviously a really nice guy and know everything about everything - whereas I know a little about a few things, have some experience of others, and also have a view and opinion, which has obvious offended your ultimate wisdom. Please feel free to use you ignore button in future :green gri

Thanks, your obviously a really nice guy and know everything about everything - whereas I know a little about a few things, have some experience of others, and also have a view and opinion, which has obvious offended your ultimate wisdom. Please feel free to use you ignore button in future :green gri

Your mistake was commenting on the reason ‘why’ you would buy a Harley, being the ‘culture and lifestyle’.

You are well within your rights to express an opinion about the bikes, but your opinion on why you would buy one?

If that’s acceptable, I’d say that the only reason anyone would buy a k1600 or gold wing “bagger” is because you’ve given up on a life that has has been unfulfilling and unrewarding, a life of adenoidal bleating about the pros and cons of the drop of system and how best to achieve the ultimate cruise speed for mpg.
They have resigned themselves to a slow lonely death where the only person that will talk to them is their own inner voice the repeats itself constantly “just cut the brake lines and let’s end this now”. Polite jacket proudly advertising their desire to be mistakingly recognised as someone who “matters”, ride outs are a search for an end to it all, an opportunity to rid the world of an abomination of both bike and it’s sterile rider, both who just take up space and use up the worlds resources for absolutely no perceptible gain to humanity or personal joy.

Just my opinion obviously :green gri:D

Your mistake was commenting on the reason ‘why’ you would buy a Harley, being the ‘culture and lifestyle’.

You are well within your rights to express an opinion about the bikes, but your opinion on why you would buy one?

If that’s acceptable, I’d say that the only reason anyone would buy a k1600 or gold wing “bagger” is because you’ve given up on a life that has has been unfulfilling and unrewarding, a life of adenoidal bleating about the pros and cons of the drop of system and how best to achieve the ultimate cruise speed for mpg.
They have resigned themselves to a slow lonely death where the only person that will talk to them is their own inner voice the repeats itself constantly “just cut the brake lines and let’s end this now”. Polite jacket proudly advertising their desire to be mistakingly recognised as someone who “matters”, ride outs are a search for an end to it all, an opportunity to rid the world of an abomination of both bike and it’s sterile rider, both who just take up space and use up the worlds resources for absolutely no perceptible gain to humanity or personal joy.

Are you just trying to make him feel better about himself?:D

That was pure poetry though, these early mornings are obviously doing you some good.

You have obviously lost the plot when your fun amounts to slagging off other bikers who you have never met and don't actually know much about :blast

So you don't approve of me having had dozens of bikes of all sorts over 35 years, covering hundreds of thousands of miles in over a dozen countries, and are offended that I recognise that some people buy a Harley for the comradery rather than to do much riding on it?

And incidentally, although I've done a good few miles on Harleys I still don't own one or slag them off just because I prefer the riding rather than the posing, but your obviously above all that and have never done anything to improve your image or motorbike - that would be vain wouldn't it?

You have obviously lost the plot when your fun amounts to slagging off other bikers who you have never met and don't actually know much about :blast

So you don't approve of me having had dozens of bikes of all sorts over 35 years, covering hundreds of thousands of miles in over a dozen countries, and are offended that I recognise that some people buy a Harley for the comradery rather than to do much riding on it?

And incidentally, although I've done a good few miles on Harleys I still don't own one or slag them off just because I prefer the riding rather than the posing, but your obviously above all that and have never done anything to improve your image or motorbike - that would be vain wouldn't it?

So because you are a biker you automatically deserve my respect?

That went a long time ago, you now have BMW assist for that :D

Btw, you don’t ‘ride’ a K1600, you pilot it like one of those modern Airbus planes that won’t let you do anything outside of its ‘safety‘ parameters. Riding is left to those of us who bought a bike that doesn’t handle like it’s on rails, or protect their riders with endless amounts of ‘safety’ devices....an inferior machine that requires skill and a zest for life to get the best out of it.

What you said was that to buy a Harley you ‘have to’ want the looks, lifestyle and culture, I believe to buy a k1600 bagger you’d have to be an absolute bellend with no redeeming qualities other than your eventual demise....it’s only an opinion, we’re all allowed to have them.

I ride mine all the time also, rain or shine. I do 13 hours of polishing (got to keep her in tip top condition!) and then have at least a couple of hours of fun making brum brum noises sat astride my gleaming pride and joy (obviously I keep the garage doors closed if it’s raining). My local chapter has invited me in, but I need to get a full set off tattoo sleeves and one up the front of my neck first. I priced this up and it’s very expensive, so I’m going to get my 9 year old daughter to use a sharpie and I’m going to blag my way in until I can get it done for real.
I haven’t customised mine fully yet, just a 26” extended frame, 350 rear tyre and a 218 ci motor with a blower. I’ll start really getting to it soon and add some mini indicators and some of those wheel nut covers.

I’m sorry if I’ve offended in any way, you’ve been so open minded and I feel like I’ve let the side down by pigeon holing you as a tediously boring twat who’s idea of joy is to get wanked off by a midget because it makes your willy look ‘quite big’.

Oh, and if you do break down, I’ll make sure to stop and give you that number for BMW assist, cause we’re biker buddies :thumb2

So because you are a biker you automatically deserve my respect?

That went a long time ago, you now have BMW assist for that :D

Btw, you don’t ‘ride’ a K1600, you pilot it like one of those modern Airbus planes that won’t let you do anything outside of its ‘safety‘ parameters. Riding is left to those of us who bought a bike that doesn’t handle like it’s on rails, or protect their riders with endless amounts of ‘safety’ devices....an inferior machine that requires skill and a zest for life to get the best out of it.

What you said was that to buy a Harley you ‘have to’ want the looks, lifestyle and culture, I believe to buy a k1600 bagger you’d have to be an absolute bellend with no redeeming qualities other than your eventual demise....it’s only an opinion, we’re all allowed to have them.

I ride mine all the time also, rain or shine. I do 13 hours of polishing (got to keep her in tip top condition!) and then have at least a couple of hours of fun making brum brum noises sat astride my gleaming pride and joy (obviously I keep the garage doors closed if it’s raining). My local chapter has invited me in, but I need to get a full set off tattoo sleeves and one up the front of my neck first. I priced this up and it’s very expensive, so I’m going to get my 9 year old daughter to use a sharpie and I’m going to blag my way in until I can get it done for real.
I haven’t customised mine fully yet, just a 26” extended frame, 350 rear tyre and a 218 ci motor with a blower. I’ll start really getting to it soon and add some mini indicators and some of those wheel nut covers.

I’m sorry if I’ve offended in any way, you’ve been so open minded and I feel like I’ve let the side down by pigeon holing you as a tediously boring twat who’s idea of joy is to get wanked off by a midget because it makes your willy look ‘quite big’.

Oh, and if you do break down, I’ll make sure to stop and give you that number for BMW assist, cause we’re biker buddies :thumb2

The forum and the world is a sadder place for having people like yourself with your macho holier than thou attitude :blast

All you can do is spit venom and insults at anyone who dares to disagree with you in what is essentially a different opinion which you have just turned into a barrage of personal attacks because it makes you feel big.

I pity people like you, it must be a terrible way to live your life, and ironically I'd still stop and help you at the side of the road with my BMW assistance on hand to report a breakdown or accident, but I guess that's the real difference between us ;)

Don’t talk to me about feckin vegan’s; I’m headed for another vegan Christmas Dinner :blast

The forum and the world is a sadder place for having people like yourself with your macho holier than thou attitude :blast

All you can do is spit venom and insults at anyone who dares to disagree with you in what is essentially a different opinion which you have just turned into a barrage of personal attacks because it makes you feel big.

I pity people like you, it must be a terrible way to live your life, and ironically I'd still stop and help you at the side of the road with my BMW assistance on hand to report a breakdown or accident, but I guess that's the real difference between us ;)

I’m quite happy for you to have your opinion, unfortunately you seem less gracious in receiving the opinion of others.

I am but a sheep that likes to hang around in car parks with leather clad, tattooed bikers, admiring my highly polished bike and soaking in the faux Americana of Harley ‘lifestyle’ according to your ‘opinion’ after all, why else would you buy a Harley, certainly wouldn’t be to ride it now would it? Not when such magnificent machines as your Grand America is so much more accomplished in every way, blah blah blah.

An opposing view sparks tears and whining...oh how nasty you are.....bleat bleat bleat (now who’s the feckin sheep!).

Typical cuntard you are, happy to dish out your lob sided opinion, but when someone retorts you bitch about it.

Those who know me will have seen the humour in my replies, that it was a bit of a piss take was so obvious that I didn’t feel the need to bring extra attention to it. Unfortunately you have proved my piss taking to actually be fact, you are indeed devoid of any sense of humour, the BMW is in fact the perfect choice for your soulless corpse.

From here on in I will mark anything meant as a tongue in cheek comment with the following, lest you get yourself all excited again (it might make you realise what your bike is missing):

!!!! the end of the ‘humorous’ comment will end !!!!:D

!!!!Hopefully we can remain bestest biker buddy chums once you understand the sentiment!!!!

A man who knows his shit

There is so much to say and yet so little.
The only answer is.....Go and ride one, ignore all the comments about why and why not, just go and ride one, you will either like it or you won`t.

As for the people who ride them, I have met the best....I think it may be the audible experience that draws a certain kind to the Harley, but if you ignore all the HOG shite, then you are left with the real people.

I've not been on here for a while but having read your posts are you the star formally called ATT. :):)

I was going through a Harley thought process a few months ago - and then went and bought a new K1600 grand America that I collected last week.

I like the Harley look and culture, but even trying their CVO Road Glide Limited I could not get used to the riding position and found it far more cramped than either the Honda Goldwing or K1600 GA that I also demoed.

I think to have a Harley you have to want the looks, culture and lifestyle, but for actual riding they cannot compete with "regular" bike in my view, and I would not have one as an only road bike, but would have a smaller one for a 40 mile potter on a sunny day.

You need to come for a ride with me on my roadking special. Don't expect anything less than 250 miles and don't expect anything slower than 80mph oh and don't expect straight roads and motorways.

Imagine buying a bike because you like the look of it and how it feels under ya bum cheeks. Admit it, you did it for the lifestyle didn’t you. Nothing like seeing a big lad in a tasseled leather jacket, cowboy boots and leather chaps :D

I wanted a streetglide, but the roadking feels less bulky and is more versatile for what I wanted (oh, and m8 e was so cheap I couldn’t say no ��).

I loved my GS’s, but I’m a really miserable bastard if I can’t get out on the Harley, it just makes me happy.

Hey don't knock cowboy boots. Just bought some in the hope the wooden heals won't drag my leg behind me when I'm at full dangle angle. Lol

Back
Top Bottom