Harley curious

Once you get to the border/gretna head onto the A75 to dumfries then up the A76 all the way to kilmarnock then take the A71 heading west to Irvine where you youll pick up the A78 takes you all the way up the west coast where you can get over the erskine bridge..its a more scenic route than pounding the motorway and you avoid Glasgow ..

Good tip that, thanks.

AR Harley and Hogparts are both key aftermarket distributors - no problems with either

Jersey HD great for great for genuine parts as well

Yep - Jersey HD for genuine HD parts & accessories as you don't pay any VAT.

BUT - also check your local dealer because they sometimes do 20% off winter specials. At least mine does. Sometimes this works out cheaper when you factor in the shipping from Jersey HD.

Finally, and I know this may be contentious, but check your local dealer to see what they offer as a HOG discount. Mine gives 10% on all parts and accessories, so a £50 HOG membership could potentially easily pay for itself over a year.

Yeah, I ended up getting the screen and heated grips from the dealer. Wanted the screen with the diffuser in the middle to cut turbulence and there isn’t an aftermarket version. Got 10% off from them. Bought the rest, so rear rack, sissy bar, backrest and 4 point docking from Motea

Is it the screen causing turbulence, or up-draught through the forks - a fork baffle may do the trick?

I haven’t ridden it yet - just need to choose a screen as it doesn’t come with one and the wind splitter one seems to get good reviews and looks good on the bike too

I haven’t ridden it yet - just need to choose a screen as it doesn’t come with one and the wind splitter one seems to get good reviews and looks good on the bike too

Be prepared for disappointment......just saying

Attachments

• C00AE36A-5D6E-45E3-A25D-67D978A7237A.jpg
    C00AE36A-5D6E-45E3-A25D-67D978A7237A.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 245
Yeah, quite possibly! From what I’ve read having the vent just slightly open gives best results, but it does look cool haha

Yeah, quite possibly! From what I’ve read having the vent just slightly open gives best results, but it does look cool haha
In my experience it makes very little difference, but it depends on your height.

The looks thing is debatable, I like it, other people think it needs to be red and say Royal Mail on it :D

So, picked up the bike on Saturday and love it! Did about 125 miles on Sunday around my favourite roads in the Dales and quite surprised by the handling - feels easier than the Street Glide I tested and punchier, even though that had the 114 engine. Scotland on Friday so spent a few evenings fettling it, adding the rack, backrest and screen as well as wiring in the TomTom (had an old Rider kicking around in a draw which seemed a safer bet than risking a phone!)

Still playing around with the preload - it feels extremely firm set on ‘5’ - more so than I imagined - especially on bumpy B roads. Might need to investigate some softer shocks or springs when I get back (along with some better sounding pipes)

And so it starts.... welcome to the journey

So, picked up the bike on Saturday and love it! Did about 125 miles on Sunday around my favourite roads in the Dales and quite surprised by the handling - feels easier than the Street Glide I tested and punchier, even though that had the 114 engine. Scotland on Friday so spent a few evenings fettling it, adding the rack, backrest and screen as well as wiring in the TomTom (had an old Rider kicking around in a draw which seemed a safer bet than risking a phone!)

Still playing around with the preload - it feels extremely firm set on ‘5’ - more so than I imagined - especially on bumpy B roads. Might need to investigate some softer shocks or springs when I get back (along with some better sounding pipes)

Glad you're enjoying it, sounds great.
I should be picking mine up tomorrow - what are your heated grips like? I had a quote to have some fitted but the price was eye watering :eek: (not from Leeds Harley, so I'll probably give them a try).
Have a great time in Scotland :beerjug:

Glad you're enjoying it, sounds great.
I should be picking mine up tomorrow - what are your heated grips like? I had a quote to have some fitted but the price was eye watering :eek: (not from Leeds Harley, so I'll probably give them a try).
Have a great time in Scotland :beerjug:

PMFBI but I’ve not had my grips above 3 and they go up to 6 . They get very hot !

That’s my experience so far - start on 3 and then wind down to about 1.5. Think they were about £235?

Cant remember but I’ve got these

f3f3bc2224360160c6d43a96ee5bd724.jpg

Cant remember but I’ve got these

f3f3bc2224360160c6d43a96ee5bd724.jpg

Yup they look good. I don’t want any of those covered in chrome and skulls etc.

Just ridden mine home from the dealer and my hands were freezing. I’m already missing the GS’s heated grips and hand guards. Oh well, roll on next summer 😀
I’ll give Leeds Harley a call for a quote, because I was quoted over £400 (fitted) from the place I’ve just bought the bike from!.

Cheers 👍

Yup they look good. I don’t want any of those covered in chrome and skulls etc.

Just ridden mine home from the dealer and my hands were freezing. I’m already missing the GS’s heated grips and hand guards. Oh well, roll on next summer 😀
I’ll give Leeds Harley a call for a quote, because I was quoted over £400 (fitted) from the place I’ve just bought the bike from!.

Cheers 👍

There are a million different grips hah. I went for the plain ones - looks like I paid £244 fitted which included a 10% discount

Enjoy the new bike!

Back
Top Bottom