Harley curious

Once you get to the border/gretna head onto the A75 to dumfries then up the A76 all the way to kilmarnock then take the A71 heading west to Irvine where you youll pick up the A78 takes you all the way up the west coast where you can get over the erskine bridge..its a more scenic route than pounding the motorway and you avoid Glasgow ..

Yeah, that's the plan - did that route in reverse when coming back from Arran last year :beerjug:

absolute loving my Heritage 114, might try get an ireland trip in before early oct, desperate to play away on it

Fuck it......I had an M35 for fun, looks like an M62 wrecker is on the cards. American iron, but proper iron, not pretend!

You Harley boys are just that:D

Fuck it......I had an M35 for fun, looks like an M62 wrecker is on the cards. American iron, but proper iron, not pretend!

You Harley boys are just that:D

I don`t half speak some shit when I have a late night.:D Yes, that was a late night for me.....Must keep away from MILWEB also!

Thanks for everyones help (and even offer of borrowing a rack!)....I've put a deposit on the RKS and pick it up on Saturday if I can get back from Scotland on time, or next Tuesday at the latest, so have a few days to sort it for a bike trip back to Scotland a week on Friday (assuming Nicola doesn't lock everything down by then!)

Going for this bike https://www.autotrader.co.uk/bike-details/202008011950426 after lots of deliberation about 107 vs 114 etc, but really want to keep within some sort of budget!

6cc97a75a9a04fff9be4e556ca5c9aac.jpg

I just have a couple more questions to the more knowledgeable so I can order stuff this week. Anyone had experience with after-market stuff from Motoea? They do pretty good prices on the 4 point kit and various racks and screens etc, such as this https://www.motea.com/en/motorbike-...MI7ZyTy4H96wIVWeJ3Ch3mfw5VEAQYByABEgLMdfD_BwE

Also, what's the easiest way to get USB power to a phone on the handlebars? I read something somewhere about these bikes having a battery tender cable already fitted. As I won't have much time next week something plug and play would be good and I can sort something neater later on.

Looking forward to picking it up - after owning a GS for 8 years something (very) different is just what I need right now, although I can see the ongoing spend on this bike being much higher in terms of customisation!

Nice RKS - I've ordered stuff from Motea before arrived in three days - well packed - no issues from me.....

The optimate lead on the RKS is located behind the left hand side panel. No standard USB port on the touring models (unlike the new Softails).

I had a Garmin GPS wired direct to the battery and mounted on the Harley GPS handlebar holder (bought separately and fixed next to the left hand switch cluster) which looked quite neat and tidy. You could hook up a phone holder for your trip or a USB device on the handlebars but some recommend not using your phone as a bike GPS as it messes up the phones camera.

Thanks for everyones help (and even offer of borrowing a rack!)....I've put a deposit on the RKS and pick it up on Saturday if I can get back from Scotland on time, or next Tuesday at the latest, so have a few days to sort it for a bike trip back to Scotland a week on Friday (assuming Nicola doesn't lock everything down by then!)

Going for this bike https://www.autotrader.co.uk/bike-details/202008011950426 after lots of deliberation about 107 vs 114 etc, but really want to keep within some sort of budget!

I just have a couple more questions to the more knowledgeable so I can order stuff this week. Anyone had experience with after-market stuff from Motoea? They do pretty good prices on the 4 point kit and various racks and screens etc, such as this https://www.motea.com/en/motorbike-...MI7ZyTy4H96wIVWeJ3Ch3mfw5VEAQYByABEgLMdfD_BwE

Also, what's the easiest way to get USB power to a phone on the handlebars? I read something somewhere about these bikes having a battery tender cable already fitted. As I won't have much time next week something plug and play would be good and I can sort something neater later on.

Looking forward to picking it up - after owning a GS for 8 years something (very) different is just what I need right now, although I can see the ongoing spend on this bike being much higher in terms of customisation!

Should have gone for the 114.......:D:D:D:green gri

Only joking!

Buy a portable power bank, I have a big mamajamma thingy with 21000+ mah, charges the phone several times, much neater and can be used off the bike :okay

saves having to worry about wiring shit to the bike.

Motea get great reviews, never heard anything bad, get some highway pegs, makes a huge difference to how much space there is on the bike, I’m only 5’11” and find it quite uncomfortable to keep my feet on the board.

Happy new bike.....:beerjug:

From lots of good advice on here, I picked up a Sport Glide about ten days ago with a Stage 1 kit.

I'm delighted with it so far.

Enjoy...

Congratulations on the bike. great colour :thumb
I'm watching this thread because you're asking some of the questions I have. Coincidentally I should also be picking up a RKS on Saturday hopefully and was wondering about having a power supply to the bars to connect a phone until I sort out a satnav. Apparently you can get a Harley converter lead that connects to the batter tender lead and allows you to plug an a USB phone charger lead, but the converter itself is only approx 15cm long so you'd need a long phone lead to reach the bars and routing it would be more trouble than its worth. I'll probably just get the converter and put the phone in my pocket or pannier until I fit a satnav.

I'm looking for some other parts and wonder if anyone knows if Hogparts.co.uk or arhcustom.co.uk are trustworthy?

I've had my GS for 16 years so the Harley will be a big change for me to.

Enjoy the bike and holiday Sagalout :beerjug:

Congratulations on the bike. great colour :thumb
I'm watching this thread because you're asking some of the questions I have. Coincidentally I should also be picking up a RKS on Saturday hopefully and was wondering about having a power supply to the bars to connect a phone until I sort out a satnav. Apparently you can get a Harley converter lead that connects to the batter tender lead and allows you to plug an a USB phone charger lead, but the converter itself is only approx 15cm long so you'd need a long phone lead to reach the bars and routing it would be more trouble than its worth. I'll probably just get the converter and put the phone in my pocket or pannier until I fit a satnav.

I'm looking for some other parts and wonder if anyone knows if Hogparts.co.uk or arhcustom.co.uk are trustworthy?

I've had my GS for 16 years so the Harley will be a big change for me to.

Enjoy the bike and holiday Sagalout :beerjug:

Hogparts are good...and routing the lead is easy....just pop off the tank instrument console and run it under there...

Hogparts are good...and routing the lead is easy....just pop off the tank instrument console and run it under there...

Thanks. :beerjug:
I reckon this Harley lark is going to get expensive :D

Ps....if you think wiring in a simple charging lead is tricky.....
Imagine trying to find an intermittent electrical fault in my Road King “loom”....:D

Attachments

• 34AD113C-B0E2-4430-BE1E-49D2F2144023.jpg
    34AD113C-B0E2-4430-BE1E-49D2F2144023.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 301
AR Harley and Hogparts are both key aftermarket distributors - no problems with either

Jersey HD great for great for genuine parts as well

Beware “some” stuff is chinkie crap especially on EBay

The key after market companies are

Zodiac
Motorcycle Storehouse
W&W

All available through AR Harley and Hogparts

Harley aftermarket is extensive and mostly good quality.

Back
Top Bottom