Good jeans

I've got some Hood K7-AA - very good, feel strong.

They're obviously thicker & heavier than a normal jean though, so long walks on hot days are a sweaty business - but that's why I ride!! ;)

D

The best sound good, which were they?

The worst sound rubbish, I wouldn’t like to buy them... so which were they?

It’s like drawing teeth.

PS For what it’s worth and to add yet another pair of strides into the unholy mix of ‘must have’ trousers, I have a pair of the BMW branded waterproof jeans. Wore them once and it didn’t rain, so they rank up there, alongside the pound of butter in the fridge.

Rokker - brilliant kit - more comfortable than anything else I've ever work on the bike and more abrasion resistance than leathers.

My personal preference was to go for the non-waterproof ones as I only want to wear them in the dry (which makes them a bit cheaper than Arsey's all-singing all-dancing version).

I'll never go back to the cheaper lined jeans as they are nowhere near as comfortable as single layer and get bloody hot if the sun shows itself.

I just can’t get my head around the (extortionate to me) cost of biker jeans.

Like, a bike dryer will cost maybe two or three times the amount of a pet dryer which seems for all intents, identical.

Biker/motorcyclist = inflated price. :nenau

I just can’t get my head around the (extortionate to me) cost of biker jeans.

Like, a bike dryer will cost maybe two or three times the amount of a pet dryer which seems for all intents, identical.

Biker/motorcyclist = inflated price. :nenau

It's the same with every hobby I ever had - there's always a cheaper version out there, just adding the name of the hobby adds 40% to the price.

Although, I'd be interested to see where you've found kevlar lined, armoured jeans that aren't branded for Bikers....

I had a £25 set of Ebay "bike jeans" - I'm much happier with my Hoods...

D

The best pair ive had for comfort is a paid of "Force Rider" that i bought of ebay for about £35.
i bought them 6 years ago and still wear them.

Off the bike they look like normal jeans.
On the bike they are double lined and stop wind getting through at high speeds on cold days.
they are stretchy too, so comfy when bending knees etc, and the denim is softer that other brands.

Ive recently looked online for another pair, the price on some sites has shot up to well over £120 now, but on ebay you can still get them dirt cheap.

I just bought a new pair of Hood K7 AAs with D30 Ghost armour. £180 all in, very happy with them, my second pair!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You’ll get 100 different views !!!
I’ll start !
Rokker Revolution.
100% waterproof.Brilliant between 12 and 25 degs c.
Below that wear a base layer,above that you’ll get a bit hot,but great fit and comfort and genuinely 100% waterproof.
Not cheap but fantastic.

Based on this, I’ve bought a pair.

Not had a chance to wear them much, but everything Arsey said (thank you :beerjug:) has proved to be correct.

52aafa0130d97d3aeeaefa475dd102b2.jpg

0290b4a693db9ff9a8e2ab8670a2e6de.jpg

Just bought these in Infinity today. The fit was superb for me. Not cheap @£229 but quality looks good.

Looking at those from Motolegend. How did you find the fit mate? Did you go up a waist size?

Looking at those from Motolegend. How did you find the fit mate? Did you go up a waist size?

They are brilliant. Feel exactly like a “normal” pair of jeans. I take a 34long and the 34 fitted perfectly. Nice a stretchy too.

They are brilliant. Feel exactly like a “normal” pair of jeans. I take a 34long and the 34 fitted perfectly. Nice a stretchy too.

Got them and I’m delighted with them. Much better than the brands I’ve tried before.

The Rokkers might be £100 more than the Hood but as they are totally waterproof you can wear them and not have to carry separate waterproofs or have other gear . I’ve used mine the last 3 years or so on every trip whether it be a local potter for an hour or two weeks around Europe .
I think they are good value compared to Goretex trousers at over £500 from Rukka and others .
Depends what value you put on things and when you intend using them .

Are they waterproof on the surface or do they soak up water but stop it reaching skin?

I have a textile jacket like that so I leave the inner liner at home and have a thin waterproof to go over the top, don't want a sodden heavy jacket, even if dry underneath.

Are they waterproof on the surface or do they soak up water but stop it reaching skin?..................

Laminated membrane so shouldn't soak up much. They probably have a DRW finish to reduce absorbtion too.

The only issue that I can see with single layer is that the heat generated as you slide down the road will bond the jeans to your skin. Now this will probably only arise in a relatively high speed incident where you slide quite along way but you'll effectively be swapping gravel rash for burns if it happens. That's why high level protection certification meant that Hood had to add a lightweight liner to their jeans.

I always wear my 30 year old Levi 517s when touring Europe in the summer (when allowed).

Back
Top Bottom