Good jeans

Captain jack

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone got a view on biking jeans? Ie what is good quality for price please?

You’ll get 100 different views !!!
I’ll start !
Rokker Revolution.
100% waterproof.Brilliant between 12 and 25 degs c.
Below that wear a base layer,above that you’ll get a bit hot,but great fit and comfort and genuinely 100% waterproof.
Not cheap but fantastic.

52aafa0130d97d3aeeaefa475dd102b2.jpg

0290b4a693db9ff9a8e2ab8670a2e6de.jpg

Just bought these in Infinity today. The fit was superb for me. Not cheap @£229 but quality looks good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm quite happy with my Hood jeans. Made in Norfolk. Good customer service. Jeans fit well, have soft or molded armour. Warmer than normal denim but not as warm as leather. Not waterproof, but as I only wear them for local riding, this isn't a problem.

Ride mag done a review of the best pairs of jeans last month, might be worth digging that out...

Another vote for Hood, great customer service, they said they had some new styles next year and the material had a bit of stretch (hopefully not like the elasticated waist slacks like they used to advertise on the Daily Mail back in the 70s)

Attachments

• DF2CED2F-6E31-4F63-97E3-2085E3AFD929.jpeg
    DF2CED2F-6E31-4F63-97E3-2085E3AFD929.jpeg
    25.8 KB · Views: 849
For what its worth about 6 yrs ago I purchased a pair of BM Summer 3 Pants in beige ... still using them in the warmer months and when I go abroad ..... very good they are too. :)

You’ll get 100 different views !!!
I’ll start !
Rokker Revolution.
100% waterproof.Brilliant between 12 and 25 degs c.
Below that wear a base layer,above that you’ll get a bit hot,but great fit and comfort and genuinely 100% waterproof.
Not cheap but fantastic.

Agreed 100%. Fantastic jeans. Not cheap, but I will buy another pair when mine wear out. Even better with D3O Ghost armour.

I've ridden home in them in absolutely pissing rain from Germany and was bone dry underneath. I wear them on all but the hottest or coldest of days.

The only downside is that over the years, they do fade a bit. Mine are now very faded, but some will say that's a benefit.

In comparison, Hood jeans (which I also have) are kind of "clunky" and overthick. Very hot on warm days.

IMHO, laminated jeans are far better than lined jeans.

Talk to Motolegends....

Thanks for the replies. Rokker are out of my price league so i will be going hood or infinity. ����

Thanks for the replies. Rokker are out of my price league so i will be going hood or infinity.

The Rokkers might be £100 more than the Hood but as they are totally waterproof you can wear them and not have to carry separate waterproofs or have other gear . I’ve used mine the last 3 years or so on every trip whether it be a local potter for an hour or two weeks around Europe .
I think they are good value compared to Goretex trousers at over £500 from Rukka and others .
Depends what value you put on things and when you intend using them .

I got some £30 gortex army over trousers for when it rains. Works for me

Up to about 25C I’m quite happy with my regular riding gear. We get a lot of weather with temperature above 25C - this year may be exceptional but I don’t think we’ve had a day less than 25C since late April. Today was 35C and it’s not cooling off any time soon. Anyone know of jeans or other gear that’s suitable for higher temps?

There was a good review of 14 different brands in the July/August issue (Issue 58) of Adventure Bike Rider, across the price range.

Tom

There was a good review of 14 different brands in the July/August issue (Issue 58) of Adventure Bike Rider, across the price range.

Tom
Worst scored 7/10, best 9/10. Not so much a review as a description of 14 pairs of jeans with a bit of cut and paste from the manufacturers' press releases.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Worst scored 7/10, best 9/10. Not so much a review as a description of 14 pairs of jeans with a bit of cut and paste from the manufacturers' press releases.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

The best sound good, which were they?

The worst sound rubbish, I wouldn’t like to buy them... so which were they?

Back
Top Bottom