First time I've bought a main stand before the bike arrives !!

New water pump needed , my 310R did the same.

Such a shame BMW still cannot make a bike that doesn't need lot's of recalls ( three already on my G310GS :blast ). When will I learn?
Bought four spangly new Japanese bikes over last three years..absolutely no problems at all ! Just so disappointing as it looks a lovely little bike.
I'll see what Craig Honda ( who up to now have been spot on :thumb2) have to say. Seeing as I haven't used it yet, maybe they have a warranty that
will cover it.

You can actually get a pdf of the owner's manual here:
https://www.bmw-motorrad.co.uk/en/service/manuals/owners-handbook.html
I'd heard of occasional water pump issues, I guess I've been lucky until now. The recalls I had were for brake caliper corrosion that I never suffered from. Given the abuse mine got, it was utterly reliable ... hope I haven't hexed it now.

Such a shame BMW still cannot make a bike that doesn't need lot's of recalls ( three already on my G310GS :blast ).

When will I learn?
Bought four spangly new Japanese bikes over last three years..absolutely no problems at all !

Just so disappointing as it looks a lovely little bike.
I'll see what Craig Honda ( who up to now have been spot on :thumb2) have to say. Seeing as I haven't used it yet, maybe they have a warranty that
will cover it.

It's made in India, didn't you know?

You can actually get a pdf of the owner's manual here:
https://www.bmw-motorrad.co.uk/en/service/manuals/owners-handbook.html
I'd heard of occasional water pump issues, I guess I've been lucky until now. The recalls I had were for brake caliper corrosion that I never suffered from. Given the abuse mine got, it was utterly reliable ... hope I haven't hexed it now.

Thanks for that, much appreciated. Just waiting for service manager at Craigs Honda to contact me :) For a bike to have only 2,500 miles on her..already has a new frame ( sidestand recall ) and new calipers front and rear ( recall )...BMW have got to tighten up their act, which ever country they choose for assembly...heavens forbid if I was contemplating a 1250 ????

Craigs Honda are going to collect the bike and take it to Alan Jeffries for them to have a look at re leaking water pump.

Still not ridden it :blast .... made a BIG mental note to stick with Japanese or airheads in the future !!

I'll update as and when anything is sorted.

they all seem to need a water pump, mine has had one at 7k not the best from bombay motor works .

yep they are shit bike but cheap , all makes have recalls just some more than others . just carry on I see plenty of bike with broken parts at twice the price.

KTM Duke 390's also built in India, quality on them for the price is very good IMHO, perhaps its not an indian problem? I wonder how the german QC works with these bikes?

if you wanted an Indian bike you should have brought a proper one...............yes a Himalayan :D

they have a lot more in common with the airhead than a gs310. have a test ride on one if you don't get on with it when its fixed.:okay

if you wanted an Indian bike you should have brought a proper one...............yes a Himalayan :D

they have a lot more in common with the airhead than a gs310. have a test ride on one if you don't get on with it when its fixed.:okay

I'll be sticking with Japanese from now on ! Anything from Germany or India is a big no no !! :beerjug:

I'll be sticking with Japanese from now on ! Anything from Germany or India is a big no no !! :beerjug:

How about China ?

I saw a small new Honda 125 in a dealers yesterday and it reeked of Made in China

Compared to my old Honda XR400R- the build quality and finish wasn’t even close

Okay....being collected by Craigs Honda on Monday. I'll update as and when repaired. Probably sell it for £3650 when it comes back ( just to get my money mostly back )..although my selling/marketing is as good as Att's :D Also BIG rumour Liverpool ( and probably Wirral ) make go into a Covid lockdown this weekend...so may end up with the Beemer a lot longer than I'd want :(

How do you find the Z1000SX ? I quite fancy the new 2020 Ninja 1000SX, as with the upgrades it now ticks a lot of boxes for me and the price is very attractive.

How do you find the Z1000SX ? I quite fancy the new 2020 Ninja 1000SX, as with the upgrades it now ticks a lot of boxes for me and the price is very attractive.

Seriously good bike. Cannot recommend a 2019 Z1000SX (which can be had for an excellent deal at the moment ) enough. All the power you'll ever need; great handling etc etc. New 2020 model actually doesn't float my boat with that dreadful silencer on so not worth me changing. But YES, get one

Actually, I quite like the single can as the twin efforts on the previous bikes always looked just "heavy" to me and I found the dash difficult to see being grey on black LCD.

Back
Top Bottom