First time I've bought a main stand before the bike arrives !!

Little update re my 310. BMW have agreed to a goodwill gesture and will repair/replace the water pump but it will be a few more weeks until I would get it back.
( Hey, no rush , only bought the damned thing on 4th September :mad:)

I'm going to see if Craigs Honda will buy it back...still unridden by moi !

So may have the service/owners manual DVD and an unfitted radiator cover for sale if they buy it back

Still no news yet :(

I've owned the bike 5 weeks and haven't ridden it yet !!

Craigs offered to buy it back for less money but stated they were allowed one attempt to fix the problem! Now Craigs are awaiting BMW ( via Alan Jeffreys ) to make the repair or will do it themselves.

Does the word 'pathetic' sum up this purchase. My last BMW.

Shocking! I do wonder about some (many?) of the BMW main dealers and their customer care. My G310 was delivered last Friday and though it's immaculate, when I took the seat off to fit an Optimate lead to the battery I discovered the base has a big break in it. Worse still, when I took a peep behind the tail pipe, I discovered that one of the two fixings holding it on the hanger was missing and the other one had half unscrewed itself. I dread to think what would have happened it I'd gone for a ride down some bumpy Cornish lanes before blatting down the A30! They're sending out a new seat and a replacement fixing, but this was sold as a BMW 'Used Approved' bike that was supposedly thoroughly checked over before being released. 'Human error' was the excuse :blast. I'm only 5 days in rather than 5 weeks, but I still haven't ridden mine either!

I guess I'm just frustrated; always seems to be BMW's with stupid engineering faults. I'm sure I'll ( eventually :) ) bond with the bike...it is 'as new' and no interest from the site ( I wonder why with my sales technique :D ). If it sells, it will be fully sorted and I'd buy my friends CRF250L instead.....just that the buying experience has been ruined as it should never have been sold with a leaking water pump ( I spotted it almost immediately so a 'mechanic' should also have spotted it pronto:rob !! )
.... and dealers NEVER call you back or keep you updated ! :rolleyes:

310 a well know water pump leak is a common fault as are the brakes . wait till your frame cracks at the side stand ! wobbly headlight is a gift that keeps giving and value of your bike hits rock bottom .as for the rallyraid part not bmw fault just extra's . hope the rear sub frame is not bent . but they are a good cheap bike well maybe

No rally raid items on my bike; standard except screen and main stand. Lovely looking bike ( has had the sidestand/caliper mods already done btw ) so hopefully I won't set fire to it when it eventually arrives back here.:aidan

So, got a call from Craigs Honda to say BMW had done the repair under goodwill warranty and it would be delivered today:).
Well, guess what....no fu***g delivery and no contact from CRAIGS. I had to 'phone them ( they NEVER return a call btw ) and was told driver ran out of time to deliver it...I only waited in all bloody day without any call from Craigs Honda ( whom I will NEVER EVER use again ).
Promised for Wednesday now... I fuckin' hate this bike already !!!!!!!!
So, someone please buy this immaculate fully sorted ( for this week ) heap of BMW Indian shite and put me out of my misery.
Yours, pissed-off, of Wirral.

heap of shit you are joking . gs bmw finest its the future. its that shit dealer who you got it from ....... calm down and buy a main stand for your next bike !

So, got a call from Craigs Honda to say BMW had done the repair under goodwill warranty and it would be delivered today:).
Well, guess what....no fu***g delivery and no contact from CRAIGS. I had to 'phone them ( they NEVER return a call btw ) and was told driver ran out of time to deliver it...I only waited in all bloody day without any call from Craigs Honda ( whom I will NEVER EVER use again ).
Promised for Wednesday now... I fuckin' hate this bike already !!!!!!!!
So, someone please buy this immaculate fully sorted ( for this week ) heap of BMW Indian shite and put me out of my misery.
Yours, pissed-off, of Wirral.

I walked into Craig’s Honda once and walked out again, shocking attitude

heap of shit you are joking . gs bmw finest its the future. its that shit dealer who you got it from ....... calm down and buy a main stand for your next bike !

Actually you are right:thumb2. It IS a lovely little thing ( and obviously fully sorted now )...just spoilt the whole buying/ownership process by said dealer. It will be punished by living uncovered and outside over winter:D

G310GS

I've had mine 18 months now, not been used for 9 of those because of winter and Covid.
Been back twice to dealer for Brake recall. apparently the 1st recall fix for the brakes was fitting the same callipers, like for like, a stop gap until they could get the 'new' ones available with different seals.
Still on the factory fitted Metzler Tourance tyres, which I've had no problems with, coming from a sports bike background I was shocked at there longevity.
I've fitted Powerbronze screen, rear brake extender and Givi crash bars. Use it for commuting 40 miles and rides out, does the job fine. I really like the bike. No issues (as yet), except it doesn't like starting in cold weather. Didn't fit a centre stand because it uses the same frame mountings as the Givi crash bars. So took the decision that I wouldn't use that much except chain tensioning, which I would do with my paddock stand. BMW dealer was sh1.e, because I wasn't buying a brand new big GS, get better customer service at Tesco's, the only reason I've ever been back is for both recalls. Side stand issue was done before before I bought it.
Why it wasn't made with 450 engine , would have made more sense to me.
If I decide to keep then I will RR kit it out. If not I will not be going to my local BM dealer ever again, I'd rather travel. I will give it another year before deciding. In the mean time is it a CB500X or a 390 Adventure !! based on dealer location its the KTM.

Well, after buying the bike on 4th September, taxing ( and I'm a scouser :eek: ) insuring it etc...I decided to finally have my maiden voyage today. I'd charged up the battery and the petrol warning light was on, so decided to head to the garage about a mile away. Quick check of the tyre pressures revealed 16 psi F and 18 psi R :blast ( not only no water in expansion bottle from Craigs Honda but no air either :D ). So, tyres done and I got my kit on and pushed the bike out. D u du du du du, that's the noise of a none starting G310GS !!:mad: Finally got it to start...but running like a bag of shite.....limped towards the garage ( I suspected no fuel - must be as expensive as the water and air :rolleyes: ) before the mighty GS ground to a halt with any juice. Oh and a flat battery ! Now, I'm nearer 70 than 60 and having a heart ultrasound ( hence moving to smaller bikes ) on 5th November etc etc....and had to push the mighty GS to the garage. Completely shagged, the forecourt employee kindly tried to push start it with me ( ABS didn't help but didn't want to say anything to him:D ). Wouldn't start. So sat on it by side of garage and thought I'd give it one more go....she started !!!! Rode straight home ( medication needed ;) )...and Optimate shows battery is goosed. I feel like plugging the Optimate into me but wouldn't want to see it's verdict !:D
Imagine if I had a buyer coming around today ?:(

Taking bets Craigs Honda ( no dealer would TBH ) won't pay for a battery.
So, pushed the mighty GS almost as far as I've ridden it in 7 weeks since ownership.....somehow I don't think I'll find a buyer on this site now !:D

OK....surprised me ( easily done btw :D ) but Craigs ARE going to replace the battery, so my big thanks to them.
So, closing this thread ( I think I'm the only one reading this ! ) and hopefully going to enjoy my last ever, modern BMW :steptoe ( I stick up to 1150's, so much better quality in them and airheads ).
Finally, although I felt like strangling them, thanks to Craigs for putting all the faults right ( and even offering a fleet bike etc ) :thumb2

delvic is cheaper or just remove the s/s end cap and drill a hole , there are no performance gains to be had.

Back
Top Bottom