Datatool Trakker - disconnecting motorcycle battery

GeoffR

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a newbie who has just bought a new 1250GS. It has a datatool trakker fitted and I want to disconnect the motorcycle battery but I'm worried about setting off the alert. I have set up a geofence to cover my garage and garden etc, but can anyone advise if this will prevent the alert?

I have looked on the datatool website etc but cannot find anything specific about this.

Advice appreciated
Thanks

Give them a call and they’ll stand the alarm down for a certain time period.

I do this on the ferry, as movement causes an alarm.

Disconnect the battery. They will call you (hopefully) and all will be well. If they do not call you.... only then do you need to worry.

I briefly disconnected the battery on mine to fit a lead for my heated jacket. Nothing happened ... now I'm wondering if something should have happened!

I briefly disconnected the battery on mine to fit a lead for my heated jacket. Nothing happened ... now I'm wondering if something should have happened!

In the app there is a vehicle mode you can turn on for “Garage” and “transport” to avoid false alerts when fob is not near the bike. I would not expect disconnecting the battery would generate an alert unless you moved the bike a significant distance without the fob nearby. It’s not an alarm it’s a tracker.

Do you have:

A. An alarm and if so, was it armed

B. A tracker

C. Both. Again, if both, was the alarm armed

I suspect you might well have just the bog standard alarm / immobiliser (if anything) and that it wasn’t armed. If so, you can take most of the entire bike to pieces and not a peep will disturb your peace.

If you do have a tracker and it does not trigger a notification when the bike’s main battery is removed it is either not working or your contact method is not current or your subscription has lapsed or you have bought some shonky Chinese tracker or.....

In the app there is a vehicle mode you can turn on for “Garage” and “transport” to avoid false alerts when fob is not near the bike. I would not expect disconnecting the battery would generate an alert unless you moved the bike a significant distance without the fob nearby. It’s not an alarm it’s a tracker.

This what i do - real easy.

Thanks for the replies. As Frankh has said, I have just looked again at the vehicle settings and have seen the 'garage' mode so I will try that today.

Cheers all

Hi, I'm a newbie who has just bought a new 1250GS. It has a datatool trakker fitted and I want to disconnect the motorcycle battery but I'm worried about setting off the alert. I have set up a geofence to cover my garage and garden etc, but can anyone advise if this will prevent the alert?

I have looked on the datatool website etc but cannot find anything specific about this.

Advice appreciated
Thanks

Got to ask what is a Geofence ?

Back
Top Bottom