r1200gs 2011 wheels

petea

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi Does anyone know if the wheels from a 2009 r1200gs fit the 2011 model the design looks different but are the dimensions the same for the brakes, spindle etc also my wheel has tps sensor the part no,s are 36317700001 front 2009 to 36317726348 on 2011 wheel has 7705190 stamped on it .I have hit a pot hole and the front rim is damaged .As far as i can find out its just the design of the wheel that is different but does anybody know for certain before i buy a wheel.
petea

can't help on the wheels other than as you are tread carefully, in the modern world they swap stuff for fun....

re the TPMS sensors, BMW have two designs

the old style with the integral stem and the sensor as one part. they all fit each other so any noise on part numbers is just a bit of noise

or the other ones when the stem and the sensor are two individual parts and often go on bike's where they had the decency to design the valve so its accessible.... on the K1300GT manual it talks about the valve opening under high speed and weeping air out… later ones put them sideways (so this doesn't happen) and you can reach without a dirty disc burning your hand and or the tyre pump snapping off the valve stem

some bikes get mix and match of the two, but I thought the GS' all had the early one piece ones

maybe check the part number for the wheel spindles ???

Back
Top Bottom