Lake District Hotel

kingsol007

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Are there any recommendations for a hotel around windermere or kendal
Thanks đź‘Ť

We enjoyed Low Wood Bay at New Year. Everything on site - spa, couple of restaurants, in the middle of both Windermere and Ambleside for more choice (couple of miles each).

The Gilpin if you fancy a real treat, but dear.

Kendal isn't a great place to stay in my opinion.

The Wateredge Inn is quite good, depends if you want mega posh or not, this place is comfortable and very friendly.

https://www.lakedistrictcountryhotels.co.uk/

Three hotels with the same owner, all situated between Windermere & Ambleside.
I can recommend all 3 and they often have discounted breaks.

If it's in the near future then don't delay as it's difficult to get accommodation at present as all the hotels, holiday lettings, campsites & caravan parks have been booked up due to Covid staycations!

If you get stuck I'll let you put a tent up in my garden or use the caravan stored on the veg patch, no meals provided :aidan

Diamond Lodge booked
Ambleside. Got the last room
Yes you need to be quick these days

We,ve just had 2 nights at the queens head at troutbeck. Can highly recommend it. A bit more out of the way and on the way to the kirkstone pass which is an ace road.

What’s your budget, do you want to be in a town centre, do you want secure parking, do you want all meals available or just a breakfast?

I work in the area a lot so can probably point you towards somewhere suitable though it’d almost certainly be in Kendal which is where I’ve spent the most time.

Try “The Golden Rule” great pub :beerjug:

Marvellous pub only recently discovered thanks to Ballistic :beerjug:

Old school basic pub with no food (apart from pork pies and scotch eggs), TV or jukebox but dozens of charging points for phones/laptops etc :blast

Back
Top Bottom