XCountry seat stuck fast

sye

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My seat is stuck and turning the key does not release it. Firm pulling, pushing and swearing are of no use. Has anyone managed to get a stuck seat off without any damega and if so, how did you go about it please?

Thanks, Sye

If the seat lock is the same as an x challenge, I had a similar problem with mine, squirtes some wd 40 into lock and pressed down on rear of seat whilst wriggling the key, eventually opened. Good luck.

Thanks Ferret. I've managed to sort it by easing up the seat slightly on the silencer side and shining a bright light through the crack. I then got a long thin screwdriver through the gap and pushed the release mechanism to unlatch the seat. the cable had somehow come out of the plastic bracket. It's now ziptied in place.

Glad you sorted it - the other way is to remove the rear screws fixing the undertray/rear mudguard and get access from below

Same problem Jon. Tried that but it was attached by the pin and the release mechanism is under the seat.

Same problem Jon. Tried that but it was attached by the pin and the release mechanism is under the seat.

The pin only fixes to the small rear section of the mudguard that the number plate attaches to . If you remove all of the screws from the large mudguard section which goes under the bike down to the rear shock area you can get access to under the seat

Back
Top Bottom