Camping at Llangollen

Charlie Stubs

Promoter
Reaction score
There are 3 main campsite all about 1 mile from the Hotel, the one that is slightly closest, easiest to find and looks most convenient is the Eirianfa Riverside Holiday Park.

The Campsite has shower rooms, laundry, shop and gated parking area, so bikes should be fairly secure.

The cost is £4 per person per night. Might be slightly more for larger tents.

The site is 1 mile from the Hands Hotel. And taxi costs between £2 - £2.50.

The Campsite details are below :
Eirianfa Riverside Holiday Park
Berwyn Road
Llangollen
Denbighshire
LL20 8AD
Tel: 01978 860919

Multi Map here : MAP TO CAMPSITE

Please NOTE : This year they didn't take bookings untill January.

Mouse said:
Last year they charged me about £8 per night (small tent). I think the charge was per tent, not per person.

Mine was £8 per night as well, but plenty of room, nice flat (ish) field... but bring a lump hammer... gravelly bits start about 2 inches beneath the grass :D

Shower room was good.. plenty of hot water via tokens purchased from the camp shop.

I rang to book a couple of months in advance and the owner said "just turn up"

There wasn't a lack of room on the site...

Its about a good 10 minute walk from the village centre...

Bryn :beer:

Bryn said:
Its about a good 10 minute walk from the village centre...
Bryn :beer:
But how far is it from the hotel where everyone else is staying...?
£8 a night sounds quite a bit for a campsite... I only have a small tent... :eek:
Is there no chance of a discount on the camping like you get for the hotel..?

Just weighing things up before I make a descision... :thumb

Room 101 said:
£8 a night sounds quite a bit for a campsite... I only have a small tent... :eek:

I'm sure theres plenty of gents here would let you sleep on the floor of their single rooms at the hotel :thumb

Whatton said:
I'm sure theres plenty of gents here would let you sleep on the floor of their single rooms at the hotel :thumb
I'm sure there are Kev... :eek:
But they just manage to squeeze me in... :thumb :D

Room 101 said:

Its a 10 minute brisk walk to the hotel... ;) Can't see us getting a discount on the rate either....

Room 101 said:

Take ear-plugs (sleeping type), the road noise can be almost as loud as Mouse's snoring! :eek: :)

This is the part of the site where the 'smelly bikers' are herded.
47337488-M.jpg

Oh yes, be prepared for some wild entertainment!
47337487-M.jpg

;)

Time to try the exped..

Well, despite living 19 miles down the road.. looks like I am going to give the campsite a go, at last a chance to try the new exped Orion tent..

So how many of us adventurous (dafty.. i know) gits are there?

Hi Rocks, look forward to meeting up at last.
Believe quite a few of us are camping, hope the weather is a bit kinder than last year.
Cheers
Reyno

Camping??
Hotels???

Poofs......I'm going hardcore....a bivvy bag under the bridge ;)

(Unless I can afford the campsite :( :D )

PS Spoke to Forry earlier...he's camping too......let's make sure we get an ample stock of tinnies in then we won't have to endure Rob with his trews round his ankles in the Hand :D

At last..

hey Reyno.. will indeed be great to put a face to the name..lol.. looks like a fair few of us will be under canvas.. was the snoring problems in the hotel bad last year? ;)

Charlie Stubs said:
If it's anything like last year no you don't have to book.

Give the camp site a ring to find out 01978 860919

CS
just rang the campsite to make sure there was enough room,there is and i was quoted £10 -£12 per night 2 people shareing a tent,bit pricey me thinks.

Rocks, Snoring ha, maybe best not to camp too close, apparently according to SWMBO i snore like a goodun after a few beers, but she snores without drink.
See you there
Reyno

Fanum said:
PS Spoke to Forry earlier...he's camping too......let's make sure we get an ample stock of tinnies in then we won't have to endure Rob with his trews round his ankles in the Hand :D

Yep,
Am coming along as well.........Bringing a couple `o` mates......camping an` all..........will make sure the mobile bar is well stocked..... :thumb

Back
Top Bottom