The First Fill Up For 15 Years

developer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Yesterday.

And despite initially running a little rough, a quick 40 miles blew the cobwebs away :thumb

Attachments

• Honda fill up.JPG
    Honda fill up.JPG
    242.7 KB · Views: 491
Bloody hell, not my cuppa but I really like that. Looks mint, I take it it's undergone a restoration? Either way - lovely looking machine.

It's never been restored - I bought it at 3 years old and have kept it clean ever since.

Replacement exhausts and a tinted screen are the only non standard bits :thumb

And the camera does tend to lie a little bit from that distance...

Fair enough, all the same it's a credit to you. Good to see tackle such as that on the roads.

That's really nice...Do you still have the standard parts ??

No - the exhausts rotted away and I disposed of the screen if I remember correctly. There are some club organised copy exhausts available now, but I rather like my Leon Moss hand made set.

Nice RD, Leon Moss exhausts

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

The real McCoy - he had the bike for a week at his LEDAR dyno facility/workshop, in the late 80's and it came back with a single skinned downpipe, not overly baffled, relatively lightweight 4 into 2 you see there - happy days!

I stockpiled bodywork for my RD and my VF1000R's.

Leon Moss, respect. I had one of his air corrector kits on my RD400, made a big difference.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Looks really nice :thumb2

I missed a UK club meet yesterday where 19 turned up :thumb

I was there. It was a little surreal seeing 19 all together when you virtually never see one! I have a replacement exhaust on order which will set me back over £1200. It is frustrating because mine is perfect apart from one area that is lowest when on the stand where moisture must collect. They cant be welded due to their materials/construction I am told.

That looks lovely and those Gold Comstar wheels and gold crankcase, just classy

Developer's bike in the first pic has what we used to call "Banana Comstars" due to the curved spoke plates.

The nearest bike to the camera in Mark's pic has Reverse Comstars.
Funny how simply reversing the original Comstar spoke plates made the wheels look so much better, although the "banana" ones look better to me.

Beautiful bikes indeed. :thumb

I was there. It was a little surreal seeing 19 all together when you virtually never see one!

Now mine is re-commissioned I'm hoping to make a few of the meets. I was around at the start of the club when there were about 1/2 a dozen of us - I still have the paddock jacket that Alex Harris, the founder, sourced :thumb

I did a run to a biker cafe yesterday, got off the bike and within 2 minutes a bloke came over and asked if I'd sell it :eek::D

Developer's bike in the first pic has what we used to call "Banana Comstars" due to the curved spoke plates.

The nearest bike to the camera in Mark's pic has Reverse Comstars.
Funny how simply reversing the original Comstar spoke plates made the wheels look so much better, although the "banana" ones look better to me.

Beautiful bikes indeed. :thumb

That nearest one is my bike, complete with very old Nankai leathers that I can now get into again!

Back
Top Bottom