Be nice,need a bit of info....

autogs

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
so,883 sportster converted to 1200,1995,nice and nearly standard(led indicators and different bars),age related laquer spidering on various bits fork lowers etc,standard exhausts.
the best bit or maybe the worst only 1800 miles.Whats it worth ? I just sort of like it dont know why.

£3k ....maybe £3.5k

Only think to look closely at is the carb... they can leak at that age,... mine did...needed a rebuild kit ... hard plastics and rubber breaking down......

The rest of it is over engineered

Is it 4 speed chain or 5 speed belt..? That’s a changeover year

thanks there is nothing like it on ebay so had no clue,might give it a go if i can get it at a reasonable price

I might have a lower fork leg. I'll check the garage tomorrow

its a belt drive,is the evo sportster sought after,carb area looked good and it looked like a cv carb? im talking myself into it at the mo,i think the price could be right so shouldnt lose if its not for me.

I gave £2500 for a rough 883. Spent £500 on it and got £4K. Pretty nice things. Hanker after an 883 Iron in Matt Black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

its a belt drive,is the evo sportster sought after,carb area looked good and it looked like a cv carb? im talking myself into it at the mo,i think the price could be right so shouldnt lose if its not for me.

5 Speed Belt is better - it’s a CV carb - same as a 1990’ Kawasaki !! Complete with Carb Iceing!

Tbh the are plenty about but they always have a market

so do harley support this age of bike,would like to return a couple of bits to standard,the bay hasnt helped at the moment

so do harley support this age of bike,would like to return a couple of bits to standard,the bay hasnt helped at the moment

Knowledge and those that have it are your friend.
HD dealers cannot pull their boots on with instructions written on the heel.

Bars have been changed to some drag style bars, it's got tiny led indicators

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

Bars have been changed to some drag style bars, it's got tiny led indicators

About two months back i sold four stock 1996 indicators and stock bars - fetched good money surprisingly - they are out there - but you have a world of choice including aftermarket stuff that gets close - Stock indicators from this period are pretty grim - huge things out of proportion with the bike

Yes the indicators are huge, so this has got me looking, i had a very early evo 1990 i think sportster many years ago, sold it 57k on the clock so I know what they are like and now seen a sportster sport and and a 1200x that I'm liking, more money but thinking buy once!

Application of the word ‘Sport’ to any HD product is merely an advertising affectation and does not confer any sporting prowess whatsoever.

Application of the word ‘Sport’ to any HD product is merely an advertising affectation and does not confer any sporting prowess whatsoever.

Ah...and that’s your mistake right there, Copper......The Sportster “Sport” is a different animal to the other Sportsters... there is a post on the differences in here somewhere....

Yea i get that, but twin plug heads, higher compression and different shocks and twin discs all from the factory make it a rarish bike

Back
Top Bottom