Neotec 2 Comms

Onahi

The Equalizer
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
It is possible, to fit a sena 30K . 50s etc etc instead of going with the SRL. I have a 50s, One revzilla video says its difficult ?
TIA

It is possible, to fit a sena 30K . 50s etc etc instead of going with the SRL. I have a 50s, One revzilla video says its difficult ?
TIA
I'm unclear why it would be difficult? The Neotec 2 even has a cut outs ready for a mic boom in both sides of the cheek styrene.

The external unit can be stuck on rather than clamped... Yea. Unclear why it would be difficult?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Apologies for not being clear enough.
The SRL built in position make that location unavailable to fit anything else, so it has to be moved much further back towards the rear.
Have you fitted your comms much further back ?

Apologies for not being clear enough.
The SRL built in position make that location unavailable to fit anything else, so it has to be moved much further back towards the rear.
Have you fitted your comms much further back ?
Ah. I see what you mean. Yes, I too have a Neotec, complete with the SRL...

I am toying with the idea of fitting an alternative system. Not right away. But my thoughts were to 3D print a mount point with a flat surface, ready to accept something to be stuck onto it...

You're making me think I should get onto it as others, like yourself, might be interested in this. I can get them printed in a carbon fibre based material, so it would be super robust.

I have a Sena 50s fitted to my Scorpion Adx-1, Its a good set up, however, During my last tour, in bad weather the Scorpion wasn't good. It made me think of my Neotec (1) So now Im looking at getting the Neotec 2, but not going with the SRL as its only a 20s...... and fitting a 50s clamp unit instead. Even if I have to cut away a small section to get it fitted ?
This is why I'm asking, if anyone else has done this ?

I have a Sena 50s fitted to my Scorpion Adx-1, Its a good set up, however, During my last tour, in bad weather the Scorpion wasn't good. It made me think of my Neotec (1) So now Im looking at getting the Neotec 2, but not going with the SRL as its only a 20s...... and fitting a 50s clamp unit instead. Even if I have to cut away a small section to get it fitted ?
This is why I'm asking, if anyone else has done this ?
Ok. Maybe yes, you need someone that's made the switch.

One small detail though. The SRL is not actually 'just a 20s'. I know this for a fact as I bought a 20s to go into my spare helmet. But it doesn't have full voice control like the SRL!!! I sent it back and got a 30K instead, which I would say is much closer to the SRL...

If the SRL is more than a 20s, which incidentally didn't work with the TFT, I would just buy that and fit it int the Neotec 2. I have seen that there is a SRL2, but not for the neotec 2, only the Shoei air GT ?
The 50s is better than the SRL, which makes sense for me to fit the 50s instead .

I have a Neotec 2 with original SRL ( not 2) had it modified to take ear buds works perfectly with TFT and Nav 6 and iPhone XS with quadlok

If the SRL is more than a 20s, which incidentally didn't work with the TFT, I would just buy that and fit it int the Neotec 2. I have seen that there is a SRL2, but not for the neotec 2, only the Shoei air GT ?
The 50s is better than the SRL, which makes sense for me to fit the 50s instead .

I believe the SRL and SRL2 are both the same except SRL fits neotec and SRL2 fits another helmet.

I believe the SRL and SRL2 are both the same except SRL fits neotec and SRL2 fits another helmet.

That is correct, But its based on the 20s. I've bought another 50s clamp mount, and will ft that .

Thats slightly different. Not using the clamp mount. In fact it doesn't look that different from the SRL setup?

Hi - Sorry to be asking a potentially silly question but I just bought a F750GS with TFT and wanted to have a bluetooth headset synched up with it and I have a Neotech 2. Will the standard system from SENA for the Neoline 2 work or do I need buy the BMW headset?

Hi - Sorry to be asking a potentially silly question but I just bought a F750GS with TFT and wanted to have a bluetooth headset synched up with it and I have a Neotech 2. Will the standard system from SENA for the Neoline 2 work or do I need buy the BMW headset?

It will work.

Hi London,
It will fit, Its just a little tight, but it does work. Its mounted over the SRL cover. Just make sure the unit isn't too far forward that it interferes with the drop down visor slider. But other than that, its fine. I have the Sena 50s mounted, and the mount is the same for the 20s, 30k etc.

Back
Top Bottom