F800GS touring screen recommendations.

brut33

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I currently have a Metal Mule screen fitted but it's rather floppy and results in buffeting at motorway speeds.
I'd be obliged if anyone could recommend a more rigid screen that would give a smoother airflow.

I had the same screen. The flapping around is a bit disconcerting to begin with but it's not really an issue as such. I then had a Touratech one which was good and more rigid but my son broke it! I now have a BMW Touring screen with a Laminar lip which is spot on for me. May not work for you though, I am 6' and also have 20mm bar risers.

Agree on the M.M, Might be best to do a search there's been many posts on the subject. The most rigid screen for me was also the touring screen with support bar, didn't work for me protection wise but I didnt have the lip as suggested at the time which I know can work well. My personal choice is the one I have now wunderlich/Isotta it extends up like a slab in front of you protection wise but drops down for any 'gentle' off road stuff.

Can't beat Givi airflow screen.
Being twin bladed it means they are adjustable it to suit your height/helmet. (or dropping fully down for off-road use)
Appreciate they aren't the cheapest, but they are well made and do not rattle/shake etc.

My vote is for AeroFlow also. Absolutely no buffeting!

I currently have a Metal Mule screen fitted but it's rather floppy and results in buffeting at motorway speeds.
I'd be obliged if anyone could recommend a more rigid screen that would give a smoother airflow.

I spent 125,000 miles behind that screen.....it was alright when I had it!:augie

My vote is for AeroFlow also. Absolutely no buffeting!

:thumb2

I spent 125,000 miles behind that screen.....it was alright when I had it!:augie

I located myself an OEM screen and find it a bit better but not perfect. Your old screen is hanging up in my shed,
ergonomics are a fickle thing with me.:D

BTW the bike is running like a new one, I wish I'd have bought one of these long ago instead of 3 boxer engined bikes.
The service history is a credit to you.:beerjug:

I have the Puig screen on my 800GSA and it's really good. What made the biggest difference though was nit using a peaked helmet. I have no bother on my 1200 but it makes a huge difference on the 800.

I had the same screen. The flapping around is a bit disconcerting to begin with but it's not really an issue as such. I then had a Touratech one which was good and more rigid but my son broke it! I now have a BMW Touring screen with a Laminar lip which is spot on for me. May not work for you though, I am 6' and also have 20mm bar risers.

Did the cables all cope with the bar risers or any extended ones needed? Looking at getting some 20mm ones, SW motech sell them I've found.

Back
Top Bottom