open face helmet with flip up visor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an hjc rpha jet which I’ve used as my touring helmet for a number of years. It’s very comfortable and weighs so little you forget you are wearing it. I love the open face for touring - yes it’s a safety compromise but it completes the experience for me.

The rpha doesn’t come with a sun visor but the is33 model does.

I’d love one of those arai open face models but they are too much money and actually difficult to get hold of in the uk - no one has stock and they are all special order from japan - so when time comes to replace fine rpha I’ll be having another hjc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shoei J O, I use on on my R Nine T and it's a great lid

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qa3BDEOos-E" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And for me.Great light helmet although i do like my Davida but doesn't have a visor.

Mine with visor down and visor up. I find that the different and shallower peak than the Tour X range means it is much less susceptible to wind buffeting.

Sena 3S headset with all the controls on the boom so no need for great lumps of plastic hanging off the side of the helmet.:D

Attachments

• F51C670E-5DEF-4743-8B70-1A97AF15EE2B.jpg
    F51C670E-5DEF-4743-8B70-1A97AF15EE2B.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 232
  • 0F0B61FB-2700-42C7-A0A0-8D6F6B33B988.jpg
    0F0B61FB-2700-42C7-A0A0-8D6F6B33B988.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 226
Mine with visor down and visor up. I find that the different and shallower peak than the Tour X range means it is much less susceptible to wind buffeting.

Sena 3S headset with all the controls on the boom so no need for great lumps of plastic hanging off the side of the helmet.:D

These are/were fantastic helmets. I've used mine to death offroad. Cant see them being used in MotoGP anytime soon. Ones chin is pretty much lined up with the chin protection bits though, so even if you did a face plant you'd be unlucky to be bashed badly. And if a crash was that bad and whacked the chin on a full face helmet you'd likely still be in trouble from the impact anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wear a 56 / 57cm small Ara I. The bell custom open 1 was a medium. More likely small

Well I have an immaculate J-cruise up for grabs in the for sale section. Its like new and has the drop down visor you're after. Matt black. Size Small.

Bought a seconhand J Cruise off Ebay. £70. My full face hasn't had a look in since about Feb this year . Cracking helmet, thanks for all advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom