open face helmet with flip up visor

Status
Not open for further replies.

adventuredon

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Not sure where to post but looking for info on an open face/jet helmet that has a flip up visor. Preferably wih a built in sun visor. ust for casual use, but one that can be used mostly on a roadster in summer to mid autumn. Liking the Schuberth M1 but that seems quite pricey. Not after the dogs B but more for one that gets occasional use. Had a Bell but no flip visor so its either 3/4 helmt or a compete open face. The Schuberth seems the dogs but adding in comms is around £250. Just looking for a simple slip on and ride with visor up, sunshade etc. What choices are there?

Not sure where to post but looking for info on an open face/jet helmet that has a flip up visor. Preferably wih a built in sun visor. ust for casual use, but one that can be used mostly on a roadster in summer to mid autumn. Liking the Schuberth M1 but that seems quite pricey. Not after the dogs B but more for one that gets occasional use. Had a Bell but no flip visor so its either 3/4 helmt or a compete open face. The Schuberth seems the dogs but adding in comms is around £250. Just looking for a simple slip on and ride with visor up, sunshade etc. What choices are there?

I suspect you'll do well to find an M1 with comms for £250 - unless you take a very small size. As it happens I have an immaculate one (in a size L 59/60) I could let you have for that sort of money.

It's Flux yellow.

If you're interested PM me...

I suspect you'll do well to find an M1 with comms for £250 - unless you take a very small size. As it happens I have an immaculate one (in a size L 59/60) I could let you have for that sort of money.

It's Flux yellow.

If you're interested PM me...

Once I work out my size and needs (if other suggestions don't surface) I might be interested, thank you

Frank Thomas FTDV 31.
Traveled to Slovenia wearing one of these. Comfy with large ratchet visor and drop down sun visor.
Don't let the low price put you off, they're cheap but certainly not nasty. Love mine.

https://www.jsaccessories.co.uk/buy/frank-thomas-ftdv31-open-face-helmet-matt-black/38318.htm

Available in other colours than the matt black shown in the link.

how far back does the visor go? is it a sail when up or relatively flush? Pretty much suits my needs. What I did see was a Givi Jet (I forget the model) but same sort of price range and looked pretty sleek

how far back does the visor go? is it a sail when up or relatively flush? Pretty much suits my needs. What I did see was a Givi Jet (I forget the model) but same sort of price range and looked pretty sleek

This is the fully open position. J&S also sell the Givi Jet but it felt flimsy compared to the far better quality Frank Thomas FTDV 31.

Attachments

• 118274-frank-thomas-ftdv31-open-face-helmet-matt-black-03.jpg
    118274-frank-thomas-ftdv31-open-face-helmet-matt-black-03.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 411
I fancy one of these, almost £500, My System 7 is brilliant though.:thumb2

Attachments

• 7481E2E7-AFBA-4C1F-9E01-46E3ECD78E89.jpeg
    7481E2E7-AFBA-4C1F-9E01-46E3ECD78E89.jpeg
    52.1 KB · Views: 404
  • 8C40D406-E75F-481D-A185-75F5C5AD8348.jpeg
    8C40D406-E75F-481D-A185-75F5C5AD8348.jpeg
    63 KB · Views: 409
  • 346C4FC2-D2A4-4741-9B4E-6DBF80BBAF40.jpg
    346C4FC2-D2A4-4741-9B4E-6DBF80BBAF40.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 417
I fancy one of these, almost £500, My System 7 is brilliant though.:thumb2

Obviously a top quality helmet but you're still fcuked compared to a full face lid if you have an off.
Therefore why pay £500.

I have a full face system 6 that hardly gets used and I'm prepared to take the greater risk of wearing an open face.

One day I may splash out on a posh open face lid.:D

I use a nolan n 30 open face with built in drop down visor and another with the Additional outer visor,
small shell for the size, looks less bulky,
Plenty of colour choice,
Decent build quality,

Nolan do a cracking helmet to fit your needs and the comms are integrated smartly and relatively cheap compared to other makes, I can highly recommend.

This is the fully open position. J&S also sell the Givi Jet but it felt flimsy compared to the far better quality Frank Thomas FTDV 31.

I've had two Arai SZs (bought cheap) but this looks a pretty good alternative. Well worth a punt at that price, I'd have thought.

I do like the look of the Arai, but this is going to be my second, pop to the shops, possibly commute to work next summer helmet so a cheaper option is being sought. Some great ideas and will soon need to pop to a store to see fit etc for what I end up with. Unlimited budget would make the choice between Shoei, Arai and the M1 but thats not possible at the mo..(he says..:) )

Shoei J O, I use on on my R Nine T and it's a great lid

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qa3BDEOos-E" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Arai CT Ram. Cracking helmet with peak and flip up visor but no drop down sun shade. Never been a problem though. I have black tape covering the bottom of the visor where it’s beyond peripheral vision and put the visor up if I’m caught in low sunshine.

What size are you after?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom