Rear Mud Guard

Skudd

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The rear mud guard doesn't seem to do much. Rear of pillion's jacket is a mess after a ride out. Do any of you just remove it and what are, if any, the legal implications? I've always had rear huggers on my other bikes for the last 30 odd plus years.

Loads of stuff been said about this, I personally have removed mine just because it’s ugly!! and plugged the holes with screws, fitted a hugger and an extender plate behind the number plate which supposed to alter the airflow and reduce the spray, I also keep the top vario case on all the time. Does it work? My wife doesn’t seem to get too crap on her kit but not very often out in the wet so not sure really, I’m sure others will have different opinions.

Al.

I use a hugger which is joined to the rear mudguard with a piece of thick lorry inner tube. also a number plate extender and vario top box ,every little bit helps to keep the wife happy.
As said loads of info and thoughts on this.

I don't understand. Do you mean the 'spray guard' mounted to the FD?

If that's a yes, how would exposing more of the rear wheel reduce the spray?!
On my 1150, the little 'spoiler' mounted under the number plate, worked quite well.

Saying that, I rides with a top box on, so maybe that's doing something.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

The rear mud guard doesn't seem to do much. Rear of pillion's jacket is a mess after a ride out. Do any of you just remove it and what are, if any, the legal implications? I've always had rear huggers on my other bikes for the last 30 odd plus years.

I'm not sure what you think may be "legal implications".
Anyway I've not had one on my GSA since I bought it in 2008. I have a rear hugger though which keeps some crud of the rear shock at least.

Back
Top Bottom