Drones

davidfbmw

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’m thinking about a drone but not sure what to get tbh, I want one that can follow you
Which do u lot recommend and any for sale
Dave

DJI mavic pro or mavic air. It’s the proper kit and well worth the investment if you really are interested.
This will be my first drone so not sure what to buy or if I will get on with one so they maybe a little expensive for me

Get the Mavic Air 2, and if you don’t like it just sell it on. You’ll have a better chance of success with it and lose less than buying a crap one in the first place.

It’s a brilliant bit of kit. Super easy to fly, keeps itself out of trouble and takes amazing pictures and video. You really can’t go wrong.

Here’s a few unedited, raw bits of drone footage from the Mavic Air 2 from this weekend on Dartmoor. They are all in 4K video, so you wont see the real resolution unless you are streaming to a big TV, or have a very nice laptop or monitor.

And yes, the last one is me and my hoggie mates as we were on the Harleys for the weekend. And I am the Cnut in the orange vest. And yes, that is a girl in Hungarian national dress on the bridge. Quite why I have no idea, but we did get roped into the photo shoot. I got a bit excited when the photographer said to the model.....”right, sit on the bridge and spread your...”, then she said “skirts”.

But the point is, that was basically the drone flying itself in circles around the point of interest (the bridge)....

Get the Mavic Air 2, and if you don’t like it just sell it on. You’ll have a better chance of success with it and lose less than buying a crap one in the first place.

It’s a brilliant bit of kit. Super easy to fly, keeps itself out of trouble and takes amazing pictures and video. You really can’t go wrong.
This is exactly what I would say, DJI certainly costs more but you get what you pay for and you get an amazing bit of kit. If you buy a piece of cheap junk you will find that it is hard to fly and causes you all sorts of grief which will lead to you knocking it in the head. I was uncertain too but took the gamble on the best that I could afford and it’s been a well worth while investment.

Bought a used dji mavic air fly more
What does it entail to register it and any more info would be great as I know nothing about drones tbh

Just Google drone operators test and then it's a simple test and an annoying fee. Then you need to mark your drone with the operator id they give you.

You need to sit down and read and understand the drone code of practice, as the Mavic air weighs 350gms it will need to be registered for use. This is really straightforward as already mentioned and costs very little. You will take an online multiple choice test on the drone code and if you pass will be given a number which you must display on the drone. You will also get a number for yourself as an operator which doesn’t need to be displayed. After that find a wide open space with no power lines, stick it in beginners mode and learn to walk before you start running. It becomes really addictive very quickly but the feeling of watching £1000 romping off into the trees because you haven’t learned I how to control it is quite nauseating. Take small steps and just learn to control it whilst looking at it. Once you’ve mastered that start to play around with it and just do a bit at a time and you will be proficient in no time at all. Do yourself a favour and if you use your phone as the screen put it in airplane mode before you do anything with the drone. There’s nothing better than using your screen for some technical between the trees stuff and your missus rings to ask what you want for tea.

You need to sit down and read and understand the drone code of practice, as the Mavic air weighs 350gms it will need to be registered for use. This is really straightforward as already mentioned and costs very little. You will take an online multiple choice test on the drone code and if you pass will be given a number which you must display on the drone. You will also get a number for yourself as an operator which doesn’t need to be displayed. After that find a wide open space with no power lines, stick it in beginners mode and learn to walk before you start running. It becomes really addictive very quickly but the feeling of watching £1000 romping off into the trees because you haven’t learned I how to control it is quite nauseating. Take small steps and just learn to control it whilst looking at it. Once you’ve mastered that start to play around with it and just do a bit at a time and you will be proficient in no time at all. Do yourself a favour and if you use your phone as the screen put it in airplane mode before you do anything with the drone. There’s nothing better than using your screen for some technical between the trees stuff and your missus rings to ask what you want for tea.
Thanks for that
The guy told me about WiFi mode haha

Done the drone test, do I just need to print the op Id and stick it to the drone now

I’m thinking about a drone but not sure what to get tbh, I want one that can follow you
Which do u lot recommend and any for sale
Dave

Have a look at Pat Dickinsons youtube; he shows you all the features and what it looks like when used properly; his wild camping vids are also great; i've spent loads of time watching his stuff; top guy.:beerjug:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200922-000242.jpg
    Screenshot_20200922-000242.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 343
Hi just about to post a Mavic Air for sale. It will come in a hard flight case, with 3 batteries, additional props, guards and NV Filters. Should have the advert up today, will be looking around £500, has about 4 hours flying on it, if even that.

Done the drone test, do I just need to print the op Id and stick it to the drone now

You can certainly do that or write it on with paint, I found the easiest was to go to ebay. There are several chaps that do drone registration numbers ready to stick on.

You can certainly do that or write it on with paint, I found the easiest was to go to ebay. There are several chaps that do drone registration numbers ready to stick on.

I thought everyone had a sticky label maker in the kitchen drawer? The one I bought about 20 years ago has certainly earned it's keep.

(Kinda like this one but older and clunkier: https://www.cartridgepeople.com/Product/View/17564/Product.html?SPP:ggPLASALP17564&utm_source=FEEDS&utm_medium=Google&utm_campaign=ggPLASALP17564&gclid=CjwKCAjwwab7BRBAEiwAapqpTF3S1rU8opJRRfwiyQtnVvbuc49fPaZgMlT5zB9cPjx1Mt1ZLV87PxoCJgcQAvD_BwE)

A

Thanks for all your helpEnded up buying a used mavic air fly more combo
Just needed to get out more to try it now

Back
Top Bottom