Norfolk Newb

Wingers_2674

Reaction score
Hi guys. I pick up my first ever GS next friday(please don’t rain). Trading in my gen 3 s1000rr before my licence gets a holiday in Swansea.
I was considering the XR1000 but a two hour test ride on the GS had me hooked.

Hi wingers. Welcome, which GS are you giving your soul to?
I’ve just re read your post and gather it’s the new 1250. Very nice, ��

Yep that’s right the exclusive. Can’t wait for next Friday roll around. Has never ridden a gs before Tuesday. Loved every minute of it.

Not ridden the 1250 myself, I was one who put everything and everyone that ride a gs down as wannabe Ewan’s and then inexplicably the bug hit me and I purchased a twin cam. Without even test ridding it and it’s taken me all over Europe and the uk in every conceivable weather and the only problem I’ve had was a blown headlight bulb in Austria a few years ago. I’ve driven tractors with smoother gearboxes but I love it and as much as I look at new electronic fangled things I can’t bear to part with it. So i hope you get the enjoyment I’ve had from mine and if you really want to understand it and love it properly leave this country and head into Europe.

I’ve been covering a few miles in my rr. I had planned to take it to Assen to watch WSBK this year but COVID our paid to that. So I’ll probably head there next year. There’s loads of places to explore around Britain but I do plan to take it abroad as well. The gear box on the 1250 is ok apart from the gap from first to second I won’t be using the quick shifter for that. I hadn’t done much research before deciding to buy one tbf and I am seeing a few things that have raised an eyebrow but in general they seem bulletproof.

Welcome to the forum!!

This week will see the sun shining & temps high, so you can have a proper ride out after you collect it....:thumby:

Yeah can’t wait. It won’t be ready until Friday and I have to work Friday night but I have the weekend to put some miles on it and my lad is looking forward to a pillion ride more comfortable than my s1000rr.

Back
Top Bottom