Comparethemarket - Access to other vehicles?

Tommy Gunn

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Word up fellow club members.
Just a quick 'heads-up' about the 'Do you have access to any other vehicles including bikes, vans etc' box that appears when you're entering your details.
I've just renewed my car insurance & as 'motorcycles' is not an option of the dropdown list I've always clicked 'No' but when I rang my chosen insurer to buy their insurance I mentioned that whilst I don't have access to any other cars I do have access to 3 motorcycles. The guy re-ran the quote adding this information & it saved me £68 on an already pretty cheap quote.
I'm now kicking myself as I always use Comparethemarket for my insurance & have never thought to mention the bikes before, just always taken the 'No access to other cars' box. :blast

Never found that particular search engine to offer a decent quote. It is owned by a major broker, BGL (Budget Indurance formerly) and will steer you towards their products.

Follow the advice here and get quotes from more than one source: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/insurance/car-insurance/ - note that the day you get a quote is significant and that might have been a factor if there was a gap between the initial quote and getting a requote.

This year, my best prices have come via Quotezone who run the schemes through cashback sites Quidco & Topcashback. When factoring in the cashback, which has been paid now, I paid under £90 for a 2016 S1000XR and a bit more for the R1200RS used for commuting so a higher risk.

Back
Top Bottom