Back in the fold ... 1150GSA is mine!

rdover

Reaction score
I've gorn and done it, and I'm ever so pleased.

I called Road Trip on Friday evening, made it from Glasgow to London (overnight at Warrington Premier Inn) and back with the GSA on the trailer. I had 2 morons in new cars clip the trailer - I now need new lights for next weekend!

It's an 02 GSA with lots of extras and in very good condition - far better than many lower mileage bikes. Thanks to Aksel13 for his prodigious use of ACF50, something I'll be continuing.

As with any 18 year old 54k mile bike it needs some fettling so I'd like some pointers:

1. the standard BMW ally topbox locking clip is damaged - where to get a new one (part number or description would be useful
2. handlebar bags - I like the look of the Wunderlich media bag but it says not 1150Adv. Why? If its the tank height, will I be okay after fitting risers (as I do on every bike to cope with my dodgy shoulders and penchant for riding standing up)
3. what are the old 'optimate' type 2 pin connectors called - I need to either make up fly leads or go a different route.

I'll research adventure tyres later ;-)

TIA

Attachments

• IMG_6548.jpg
    IMG_6548.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 624
cool...

get some pivot pegz as well makes the standing up thing even better...

I've gorn and done it, and I'm ever so pleased.

I called Road Trip on Friday evening, made it from Glasgow to London (overnight at Warrington Premier Inn) and back with the GSA on the trailer. I had 2 morons in new cars clip the trailer - I now need new lights for next weekend!

It's an 02 GSA with lots of extras and in very good condition - far better than many lower mileage bikes. Thanks to Aksel13 for his prodigious use of ACF50, something I'll be continuing.

As with any 18 year old 54k mile bike it needs some fettling so I'd like some pointers:

1. the standard BMW ally topbox locking clip is damaged - where to get a new one (part number or description would be useful
2. handlebar bags - I like the look of the Wunderlich media bag but it says not 1150Adv. Why? If its the tank height, will I be okay after fitting risers (as I do on every bike to cope with my dodgy shoulders and penchant for riding standing up)
3. what are the old 'optimate' type 2 pin connectors called - I need to either make up fly leads or go a different route.

I'll research adventure tyres later ;-)

TIA

Well done and welcome back, hope it’s everything you hoped it would be and “Jeez” there’s some Tat in that garage. :marc:marc

Real OEM.com should help with finding the part number for the top box clip and the wunderlich issue is probably because the Adv model came with a bar pad that the media bag wont be compatible with. Not a problem if there’s no bar pad...

Real OEM.com should help with finding the part number for the top box clip and the wunderlich issue is probably because the Adv model came with a bar pad that the media bag wont be compatible with. Not a problem if there’s no bar pad...

Cheers, part number identified, part ordered.

the bar pad thing makes sense, in a 'vee arr ze Germans and vee follow der Rules' kind of way. My old handlebar bag is 16 years old and totally knackered having been on half a dozen bikes

Just done the reverse trip, Wirral Island down to Kent to collect same as you, 580 miles round trip, she just fits in horse trailer!
long ass day at trailer speeds honest.

Pic before further farkles to be added

Attachments

• 39B56F15-3060-40B4-BF95-BD99FB5A35E4.jpg
    39B56F15-3060-40B4-BF95-BD99FB5A35E4.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 330
Hi...I’ve just done similar and bought an R1100gs after having had one new and a new 1150adv same colour as yours.

It’s good to be back on one, forgot how huge they are!

Me too! Sold my yellow 1150GS 10 years ago to go Guzzi Griso and then KTM 990 Adventure. KTM nice but we didn’t bond in 6 years Bumblebee adventure has been in the garage for less than a week and I am smitten by the big old rhino

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just get a Din plug adapter, for your optimate

Then just use one of the accessory sockets on the bike

+1, easiest way by far to charge an 11xx beemer.

If you struggle to find a DIN adaptor you can easily make one up - I sourced the optimate style plug from a modelling retailer, I think it's what they use to charge ni-cads in r/c models.

Devious - That wasn't the yellow GS in sp**n lane was it ?. There are more of us in Newbury...........!

Golfy1. Not ridden on Speen Lane but v close. The bumble GSA gets about

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Would love to say I live on speen lane but it is not my manor of Newbs. Confused of Newbury knows that I rode past there on Friday en route to a blast round Vale of Pewsey and Devizes

Back
Top Bottom