Aux lights connector

garytong

Reaction score
Hello all knowing team.
2012 GSA. The left Aux light hasn't worked since I purchased the bike. I finally got around to checking it today and found the supply to the lamp, at the lamp connector, broken. The earth return also looks pretty poorly (see photos attached). The question for you all knowing ones is, Where can I get a new connector and a couple of pins? I can't get the pin out that has the broken cable (it's probaly fitted with a special tool that only the harness supplier has?) and there isn't enough cable sticking out to solder the cables back together. So anyone accept the challenge to find me a connector supplier?
Cheers all. thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 246
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 234
It’s was I bought to replace the OEM as it had broken wires.
Ok. So you're thinking to replace both M & F parts?

I thought you suggested that it would replace half of the OEM plug & socket?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Is that really the same connector??

I wasn't convinced... But it would be flippin useful if it was!

Can anyone confirm if it really is a match for the OEM plugs?

H11 bulbs are pretty much standard fit to many cars. It is a modular construction consisting of the bulb and a moulded connector. So the vehicle wiring harness connector which connects to the H11 bulb is widely used. Neither the H11 bulb nor the connector will be BMW generic. Which is useful, as this gives a wide choice of suppliers and therefore cheaper options.

If you look at a H11 bulb you will understand.

Attachments

• 52CA98B2-5903-4EFE-B8A8-A47A08AE00B7.jpeg
    52CA98B2-5903-4EFE-B8A8-A47A08AE00B7.jpeg
    39.6 KB · Views: 137
Ok. So you're thinking to replace both M & F parts?

I thought you suggested that it would replace half of the OEM plug & socket?

This plugs into the lamp unit. Just solder / crimp this on inplace of the broken one in your pic

Badboybez, you are a star :beerjug:
Seriously, for a fiver I'll buy them. one of the other replies mentioned that all H11 lamps (?) connector are the same and I'm sure they are right (? nearly sure lol).
I'll order a set and if they are spot on I'll post an update.Many thanks guys :):thumb2

Back
Top Bottom