Tyre wear 2002 1150 GS

Spud

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My last few sets of Tourances on my 1150 have been wearing the front out before the rears.
Is this normal, I seem to remember it always wearing the rear first up until a couple of years back?

Anyone having similar, or is there an "issue" ?

Cheers

My last few sets of Tourances on my 1150 have been wearing the front out before the rears.
Is this normal, I seem to remember it always wearing the rear first up until a couple of years back?

Anyone having similar, or is there an "issue" ?

Cheers

Made in China now, a friend has worn a rear first on his 12GS, well before the rear and they were fitted as a pair
He's going to fit Conti TA2 next

I’ve been wearing out fronts faster than rears for quite a few years, but I put it down to hard braking/cornering pushing the front harder than the rear.

If it's not "just me" I'll not worry about it. Everything else seems fine. Just got a new set of Tourances to go on it, perhaps I'll have a change after that.

Funnily enough I noticed that on my last set of TKC 70s. I was keeping an eye on the rear to see when they needed replacing, I then noticed the front was really low and needed replacing.

I think the same is happening on this set too.

brazilian/chinese made , not german , Metz tech, i spoke to, said the compound was the same , i said they weren't . i pointed out difference in mileage over 50k miles of use .
he said "oh"

i'd got 4k out of a front , i got that much out of a rear on an RG500

Taken them off today with about 5500 out of the front and it's pretty near goosed and pretty squared off. The Rear has perhaps 1500 miles left in it, but again pretty squared..

How do you guys rate Maxxis tyres? Are they any good?

Tourance Fronts

The last couple of sets of Tourances I had, it was definitely the fronts that went first. Not so much worn down, but cupping which gave a very odd riding sensation. I don't ride off road so have moved to Michelin Pilot 4 which have been great so far, just don't look so cool!

Hi ,
I had the same issue with annakee threes did two fronts to a rear ,just changed them to Michelin road 5's Trail see how i get on with a more road based tyre

Back
Top Bottom