steptoe head guards

ynotbiker

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi i had a bit of an accident today at Devils Bridge. A little old lady reversed and knocked my bike over and me steptoe head guards are bent in and now touching the cylinder head. Anyone got any ideas how i can straighten them up with them being aluminium cheers.

Warm it up and then slowly/carefully bend it back into position. Neil will probably be along soon to explain how they were specifically made to be quite soft and pliable for this reason...

That should do it, but take care with the plug covers and when bending it back, try not to use the rocker cover as a fulcrum as they are more brittle.

are they ? i threw mine up an autobahn ? they didn't break ?

And others have hit something more squarely and put hole in them..., so it’s just helpful advice to avoid tears. Steptoe’s guards are certainly much softer and pliable than a rocker cover, trust me :thumb

Warm it up and then slowly/carefully bend it back into position. Neil will probably be along soon to explain how they were specifically made to be quite soft and pliable for this reason...

Put them in a saucepan full of water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 20 minutes and bend to shape.

Back
Top Bottom