Charcoal filter

Akulaking

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Has anyone removed the charcoal filter? I’ve unplugged it to see if it throws a fault code and it doesn’t, maybe it will if left unplugged for any length of time. Is it ok to just lengthen the pipes and let them vent?

Didn’t realise they have one, where is it located?

Why, what does the filter on your scrambler do then, oh I know it filters all the adversity in life allowing a carefree blissful ride. Have a great life back in Portugal, I'm envious mate.

It's easy to remove, takes around 10-15 mins and just needs a cap for the vacuum tube on the throttle body, I've done it on mine, cleans up the back end a lot.

There's a guide on Youtube from one of the R Nine T forum members

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZKkvEY-2V6U" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Has anyone removed the charcoal filter? I’ve unplugged it to see if it throws a fault code and it doesn’t, maybe it will if left unplugged for any length of time. Is it ok to just lengthen the pipes and let them vent?
When I removed mine I disconnected the loom from the valve hidden behind the left throttle body cover. This did throw an error code. Reconnecting the valve ( it’s hidden anyway) and turning the ignition on and starting the bike then stopping it with the key five times cleared the error on the dash. The starter relay is attached to the canister bracket. I relocated this in the compartment under the seat. The loom for the relay can be rerouted, it’s plenty long enough. Cap on the left injector and overflow tube extended and it’s a nice neat job done.

Back
Top Bottom