The motorcycle community still exists.

King Rat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
On Friday I rode my very notchy steering head bearings to Foley Motorcycles in Fenton, Stoke. It is owned by a friend of mine admittedly, but on Monday afternoon he phoned me to say my bike was ready. He has a proper tapered seating tool to fit the new bearings with and he packed them properly with anti-corossion grease, as used by the RAF on aircraft..... I can't feel any difference yet, but that is probably because I couldn't feel they were shagged either. :aidan I am sure it will ride better, I shall find out on Saturday mornign when I ride down to Pembrokeshire for a couple of bike shoots.

Exhaust swap on the X Challenge next...... I think heat might be required and some new studs and copper swage nuts, or whatever he called them. It will have to wait a few weeks while I save up some pennies though. :thumby:

Just replaced the head bearings on the XChallennge I recently purchased

You could feel the "notcihness" in the steering especially at low speed and once the front end was lifted off the ground the steering would self centre and drop into the notches in the bearing seat

I think my Challenge will have to get done next. I will try with the standard wheels first, I can't do it all at once.

Back
Top Bottom