K1600 panniers, make great.....

Wapping

Reaction score
....fridges, when you are camping.

Buy some ice from the supermarket and store stuff that will otherwise melt, get warm or go off.

3906541be34138baebe3b084ee2b9398.jpg

One tip, put the bags of ice into one of those roll-top waterproof bags or when the ice melts, it will go into the pannier.

Good idea. Shame mine don't come off my Bagger thingy.

If you drilled a hole in the bottom of the panniers, then the melted ice can escape unhindered.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I drilled a small hole at the lowest point of the tin can panniers on my GSA, as they leaked. I also drilled a similar small hole in the hand guard things, where water used to pool overnight. The small holes worked a treat. It also saved me having to kick the lid off when pressure changes sealed the lids on tighter than a Scotsman clinging onto his kilt in a force 9.

I drilled a small hole at the lowest point of the tin can panniers on my GSA, as they leaked. I also drilled a similar small hole in the hand guard things, where water used to pool overnight. The small holes worked a treat. It also saved me having to kick the lid off when pressure changes sealed the lids on tighter than a Scotsman clinging onto his kilt in a force 9.
You do know me then

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

You bastard, you never disclosed that vital information when I bought that bike. I want my money back.

If the Bagger thingy has a centre stand, like the 1600 standard bike does, it is even more like a fridge.

It does. And no comment. I didn't buy it.

You bastard, you never disclosed that vital information when I bought that bike. I want my money back.

Where’s my pound! :D

Though you have now discovered why your Spam tins and hand guards (unlike others of the same vintage) do not fill with water. You have also learned why you can open the lid (especially the of the top box) without difficulty. I should have charged extra!

:beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom