Alert Prompts terrible quality

Dougunn

Reaction score
I have just bought a Navigator 6 and so far I am unimpressed compared to a previous Zumo 660.

I connected to it for the first time today with bluetooth headphones (Shure 215s with BT2 module) and whilst pairing was fine the sound quality of the voice prompts is dreadful compared to the sound quality of audio (stored as MP3s on an internal SD card).

I tried connecting Apple Airpods to see if it was the Shure headphones - but same thing.

Also, the Shure headphones have a controller which changes volume, initiates pairing etc and has a button to start and stop music streaming. Pairing them to my iPhone works this flawlessly, but connected to the Navigator 6 I can start music but not stop it! The button which stops music from my phone does nothing when 'talking' with the Navigator.

The Navigator also seems to have forgotten the Garmin Safety Camera POIs that I paid for and installed via Garmin Express. I am reinstalling them now.

Compared to my Zumo the Navigator was £££££££ and I expected a flawless performance, but so far it feels like a shonky Amstrad product.

Rant over - has anyone else experienced the poor audio quality of the voice prompts - is there a fix?

How is the volume set in the Nav VI for voice prompts? Mine is set to max for everything except voice prompts, which are at 75%

Back
Top Bottom