Anyone fitted a Machine Art Moto 'slipstream' to a 2004-2012 'mark 1 / mark 2' GS?

LBJ GSA

Reaction score
I finally received my Machine Art Moto 'slipstream' screen the other day from the USA. Had to go to Parcelforce and pay the VAT which Machine Art Moto had failed to mention or build into the deal, despite billing me $119 for the screen plus $60 courier charge plus an admin charge for an international payment (thus I paid at both ends for that with my bank also) - resulting in me paying about double the retail cost in total. Nippy Normans were not listing the part as the UK distributor, not could they estimate a delivery date. Waited about 2 months for it in the end.

Build quality? Imperfect on one of the 'seams' where there is a join.
Fitting instructions? Unclear as to whether or not you end up with some unused 'spare parts' or not and the OEM side fitments do not appear to fit flush / nicely (as the side holes do not appear to be the right shape!

Overall (if I can get it on the bike) it will look quite sharp / nice and hopefully give me the semi 'naked' feel I am after, but overall, my experience of dealing with Machine Art Moto and the product delivered does not reflect what I perceived (from their prices) would be a premium high quality product and experience. Very disappointed.

Anyone else had a better experience and happy with their Machine Art Moto screen? Love to see photos. (Note, this is not the LC version which I understand is a OEM copy of the rallye screen and will be a lot easier to fit etc).

Photo?

Στάλθηκε από το Redmi Note 8 Pro μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

That looks awful ,l get your money back

You paid how much for that!!!!! I'd rather have the taller screen.

You paid how much for that!!!!! I'd rather have the taller screen.

Most GS riders do indeed prefer taller screens rather than shorter ones. I've had shorter OEM GS 'rallye' screens on the later LC GSs and much preferred them to the standard screens. Cleaner air flow and they look cool, especially the tinted ones. :) Less is more with screens and I don't understand the barn door huge screen thing.......unless you are 7 ft tall.

Tiny screen or no screen at all is the only way to get zero buffeting and smoooooooth airflow. I've had a large amount of GS/GSA's over the last 12 years and the first thing to go is the shitty screen.
The slipscreen works brilliantly, the fly screen/cockpit cover also works well and you'll be able to get one of these in the UK.

Tiny screen or no screen at all is the only way to get zero buffeting and smoooooooth airflow. I've had a large amount of GS/GSA's over the last 12 years and the first thing to go is the shitty screen.
The slipscreen works brilliantly, the fly screen/cockpit cover also works well and you'll be able to get one of these in the UK.

Agreed!

It’s each to their own isn’t it what works for one rider might not for the other. For me being tall I much prefer the high AF330 screens but they do look awful but I’m not interested in the aesthetics of the bike I just know it works for me and does what I need.

With regards to the machine art kit I used some of there huggers many moons ago and was impressed thought the build was really good. Hopefully you get sorted with it..

It’s each to their own isn’t it what works for one rider might not for the other. For me being tall I much prefer the high AF330 screens but they do look awful but I’m not interested in the aesthetics of the bike I just know it works for me and does what I need.

With regards to the machine art kit I used some of there huggers many moons ago and was impressed thought the build was really good. Hopefully you get sorted with it..

Yes, I had a Machine Art Moto front mudguard extender on all of my LC GSs (in fact I transferred it from bike to bike) and while it is expensive for what it is (about £57 I think?), it definitely helps with protecting the front engine casing from dirt etc. The slipscreen looks 'nice' and of quality. Weather is changing, so no rush to fit it just yet, but will have another go 'in due course'.

Back
Top Bottom