Helmet speaker move - wow

Years of having a Cardo Packtalk and same problem as stated earlier wearing earplugs and the music & comms were near useless
Recently got a pair of Senner MotoPro reusable hearing protection earplugs off Amazon.
They have what the company call a Senner acousticPro membrane in the centre
17 quid, thought I'd give them a try and can say they work brilliantly cutting out wind noise but allowing the sound of the cardo speakers to come through clear as anything at a much lower volume
Can also hear things like car horns clear etc
After 30 years of ear plugs, trying custom moulds and such, these just work for me
There are numerous make using similar tech but these offered a 30 day money back guarantee, and if that didn't work, Amazon are pretty good if you buy a duff item

£17

Worth a go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found some in my drawer like those. They don't work with my ear canal angle. So that's out.

It's not looking good at the moment. Just been out for a 50 mile run. I'm still struggling with the resonance from the otherwise lovely sounding bike.

I just tried the apple ear pods. The noise cancelling works off the bike but they get pushed out of position inside the helmet. Then I tried those tapered foam squiggy plugs. Quiet, but the resonance gets into my ears still. Then I tried it with no ear plugs...to be honest it wasn't any worse! But still hurting my obviously very fragile lugholes.

Not really sure what to do really. So disappointing because the bike is stunning. I've read on a US GW forum that the resonance can come from all the pipes harmonising at certain rpm. Unsure if that's at the exit or along the entire lengths.

I don't mind spending a bit for custom plugs with noise cancelling if needed, but unsure if they operate unless plugged into something. I don't listen to music when I ride, maybe I should start.

I don't mind spending a bit for custom plugs with noise cancelling if needed, but unsure if they operate unless plugged into something. I don't listen to music when I ride, maybe I should start.

I've just spoken to ACScustom. They say that the components needed to implement noise cancellation are too large to fit inside a custom-moulded earplug.

Instant update:

Just had these turn up from Amazon. Recommended by HGS on here. Been out to the bike and tested. Perfect! You can here but the booming almost completely gone.

After 15 mins my ears were glad to get them out, so I'll get a ride in and try properly.

Clever design. They are really flexible along the length. The impression nearest your eardrum has got holes in so even more flexible.

0005f519c172fa60887eef6f95def696.jpg

c695bb2dbf2ccfd8b86266a5100edfa8.jpg

7e13ff5e9e55a516aa21b39407878b62.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5589.jpg
    IMG_5589.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 176
Hope this isn't becoming to boring for people but here's a pic of my custom moulded plugs with the original white bit removed. The Senner filter fits straight inside. Result!

Will try on the bike but the Senner moulded plugs worked really well today if a little uncomfortable.
221722097af0efdbd6ba78deddc29a98.jpg

Hope this isn't becoming to boring for people but here's a pic of my custom moulded plugs with the original white bit removed. The Senner filter fits straight inside. Result!

Will try on the bike but the Senner moulded plugs worked really well today if a little uncomfortable.
221722097af0efdbd6ba78deddc29a98.jpg

They look like there made from soft latex as opposed to rigid silicone.

Not surprised you find them naff, and the plug/ baffle looks like a bit of polystyrene lol

Ok, so the yellow plugs didn't work well. Sadly.

With the Senner filters fitted to yellow custom plugs, its very quiet (can't hear the radio well) but the resonance still gets in.

So I fitted the filters back in the Senner earplugs and straightaway there is a 50% improvement in dealing with the resonance. Go figure! So I'm not out of the woods with this really because the Senner ones are a little uncomfortable in my ears for long rides.

Back
Top Bottom